Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2007 :  14:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kj...enigmatic and magical..right...well it hit you first before it hit me!...and hey you're sitting up there with 26 pts..you got a good team there..they're playing well...next up I see is Reading....good luck....also I see that you want to top the mancs when it comes to advertising yourselves around the world..that's the thinking!..why give it all to the mancs, eh??????..........
Go to Top of Page

Nanker
First Love

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2007 :  20:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually late 66 or early 67 this guy had Da Capo. I listened to it, bought a copy and have been hooked ever since.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  22:08:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

just something I wanted to note...I noticed that many (almost all?) have the experience that the FC record just "grew on" everybody that is it didn't hit everybody in the eyes right away say like 'Sgt Pepper' or 'Pet Sounds'. That's something in my books and it says something for creative art if you get the drift to where I'm going. Ok I'll say those other records were really very well done and all but the fact that it took a little longer for FC to make its way with everybody makes it all the better as a work for all "music-time". The truly great stuff sometimes doesn't turn up all its secrets right away!..rocker..in a philosophical mood today!!......

So true. I've turned a lot of people on to Forever Changes, but most said they didn't like it right away. I encouraged more listens---- it's the pop tunes that get you right away that are usually the ones you tire of quickly. The thing about Forever Changes is that it seems to grow deeper & stronger with each listen.
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  18:26:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks lemonade kid....good to know you had the same experience I had with the record..I don't know..I just never get "tired" of listening to that work...no music "wearout" with me on FC..hey this ain't bubblegum muzik!...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page