New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

myoungish
Fifth Love

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  06:49:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What Love is everyone currently lovin' right about now? I know this is a somewhat pedestrian question, but I actually am curious. For me it would be the mighty Four Sail.....and those underrated gems on the first record. And Que Vida and the wondrous and enigmatic The Castle sound especially nice tonight.

Michael Young

Arnstein
Fifth Love

Norway
340 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  11:51:33  Show Profile  Click to see Arnstein's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Da Capo!
Go to Top of Page

Rob Dudda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  13:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out here..especially Signed dc and listen to my song.
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  13:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Still Wonder - for me the best thing Arthur ever did after the demise of the original band

Edited by - John9 on 13/08/2007 13:40:36
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2007 :  23:49:04  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeh the Blue Thumb recordings are a keeping me entertained at the moment. I hadn't heard 'I'm down' or 'Instra-mental' before and they rock! The live cd is fantastic too.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2007 :  03:06:33  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i just got the "Four Sail" Electra cd! i bought the LP when it was first released, and had'nt been felt like getting the cd until now, having had the "Love Story" for awhile. i love this cd again all over.

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2007 :  14:24:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...4 sail was always a gem for me...love those interlacing guitar riffs on "I'm With You"..John E or Arthur (not sure) get in some nice notes there on lead....and there's the great "Maybe the People Would be the Times or Between Clark and Hilldale", will never be dated ever just like the whole FC album...a "desert island disc"...
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2007 :  01:17:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

Yeh the Blue Thumb recordings are a keeping me entertained at the moment. I hadn't heard 'I'm down' or 'Instra-mental' before and they rock! The live cd is fantastic too.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....

Abalone sure does suck though doesn't it ?

Free the shell fish !
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2007 :  10:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, I quite like 'Abalone' - I think that it is quirky tracks like that, when set alongsise the well known classics, help to give 'Out Here' the same sort of feel as two other double albums from around that time: Pink Floyd's 'Ummagumma' and The Beatles' White Album.

Edited by - John9 on 22/08/2007 20:52:28
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  22:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myoungish

What Love is everyone currently lovin' right about now? I know this is a somewhat pedestrian question, but I actually am curious. For me it would be the mighty Four Sail.....and those underrated gems on the first record. And Que Vida and the wondrous and enigmatic The Castle sound especially nice tonight.

Michael Young

"Your Mind and We Belong Together"
Go to Top of Page

Merlyn Merlot
Fourth Love

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  22:39:28  Show Profile  Visit Merlyn Merlot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Four Sail

Is August not one of the Greatest songs of all time?

Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  18:44:30  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
it picks me up when i'm....down!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  00:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not strictly Love but Byran Maclean-ifyoubelievein bought it recently by chance walked into a record store as I was passing to kill some time,I never had any expectations of finding it but glad I did its fantastic.
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  18:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out There, i know it,s a conpilation of two different albums, but with some killer tracks, it,s a nice easy album to put on and kick back to.
Go to Top of Page

Rob Dudda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  21:56:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alone Again

Not strictly Love but Byran Maclean-ifyoubelievein bought it recently by chance walked into a record store as I was passing to kill some time,I never had any expectations of finding it but glad I did its fantastic.

"Barber John" is a great track and of course Orange skies,Alone again Or and Old man
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page