New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

otis robb
Third Love

50 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  03:02:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Without further explanation(s)
UFO's- AndAloneAgain (Michael Schenker wrecks the song with horrendous guitar playing)
Ramones-7&7 is. (Well 3 down down, John Cummings, Douglas Colvin, and Joey Whatshisname and one to go. Marky eschews drugs though)
Billy Bragg-Same Song. Too hysterical of a version even in humour is quite tired. Needs to do some old Tom Robinson covers!!!

That's it for now!

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  07:49:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those covers are masterpieces compared to Teenage fanclubs destroying of "maybe the people would be the times".
Go to Top of Page

gordo
Third Love

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  10:10:14  Show Profile  Visit gordo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rush - 7&7 is
24/7 Spyz - 7&7 is

actually just about every Love cover version I've ever heard has been crap, except The Damned's Alone Again Or and Brave New World's Signed DC(imagine the Animals doing it)
Go to Top of Page

Scottishkeith
Third Love

82 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  10:59:56  Show Profile  Visit Scottishkeith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bobby couldn't agree more.

I'm a huge Teenage Fanclub and have to agree that their version of between Clark and Hilldale is one of the worst ever. It's as if the vocals are a recorded at 33 rpm and the song is 45 rpm. It also sounds like the vocals are put through one of those gizmos that disguise the voice.

The thing is I know that TFC are huge Love fans so why they would do such a bad version puzzles me.

Did you know Mike Randle did a recording of one of TFC's songs. It's on a Japanes released tribute to them . The song is called Planets.
Go to Top of Page

otis robb
Third Love

50 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  20:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the fannies take a beating. Masterpieces, Micheal Schenker detroys anything his little fingers get ahold of on his wire and wood!
As for the Dammned. Really? And the Ramones. Its likes saying Johnny Ramone is the ONE who discovered the MOSRITE guitar!
Go to Top of Page

johnbhoy
Second Love

46 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2004 :  17:46:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone who has ever had the misfortune of hearing Alone Again Or by The Oblivians from the aptly-entitled Best Of The Worst album will realise there can only be one winner of the Worst Ever Love Cover Version - it is truly awful.

KOS

Lisbon 1967
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2004 :  17:27:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that the techno/dance inspired rape?I downloaded a version of it years ago that was absolutely horrible,i dont remember the name of these musical criminals unfortunally but Im sure Arthur would have sued them if he had written it.Needless to say I deleted it at once I gained concious again after the traumatic shock experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page