Amon Duul and Shocking Blue Deaths
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  16:15:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peter Leopold, drummer with Amon Duul, and Marska Veres, singer with Shocking Blue, of 'Venus' fame, have both gne to the Upper
Room...

..and this wretched year is not over yet.

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  21:04:26  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats a real shame, 2006 hasnt really been a great year for music. Role on 2007. I have one of Amon Duul's albums and the Shocking Blue recorded some great stuff. 'Send me a postcard' absolutely rocks. RIP.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2006 :  21:29:49  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
R.I.P. Mariska . Shocking Blue did some great stuff.. I am listening to their 'At Home' album right now..

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

TJSAbass
Fourth Love

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2006 :  23:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Venus" was one of my favorite songs when it came out. I love that scream! Now that I am reading about Mariska on some of the websites, that seems kind of out of character for her. But still a great moment. Shocking Blue had a great sound, I will have to explore more of their stuff.
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2006 :  14:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you know today I've read that two more are gone...Ahmet Ertegun..he founded Atlantic records and worked with some big names like Ray Charles, Led Zep, the Stones..and for you guys in the UK another was Fred Marsden, the drummer in the Pacemakers... he was the brother of Gerry...ps interesting that the Beatles weren't the first band from Liverpool to have a number record...it was Gerry's band with "How Do Yo Do It" back in '63... good to know "You'll Never Walk Alone" was picked up by arguably the GREATEST and my best football club in the world...
Go to Top of Page

Rob Dudda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2006 :  17:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad to hear about Peter Leopold...i was a big Amon Duul 2 fan in my teens...still got them all on vinyl....Dance of the Lemmings and Yeti are great albums.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page