Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 What do you think of the new "Beatles Love" album?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  02:52:38  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i still have yet to buy it, and i will soon because what i've heard is stunning. yesterday i heard " While my guitar gently weeps" with its emphasis on strings minus the drums. this rendition is really sweet and awesome! the project is endorsed by George Harrison, Ringo, and Paul,AND George Martin! and sounds GREAT! I'm gonna buy it for ME for XMAS!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

Judith
Third Love

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  22:31:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely superb!
Go to Top of Page

Merlyn Merlot
Fourth Love

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  03:43:08  Show Profile  Visit Merlyn Merlot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's certainly the Best Sounding Beatle Record so far...#13;#10;Highly Recordmended#13;#10;
Go to Top of Page

Merlyn Merlot
Fourth Love

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  16:02:49  Show Profile  Visit Merlyn Merlot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeP

I played it to my young daughters without having ever said anything about the Beatles previously, and without any cajoling to listen. They really loved it. I guess it's easier to be objective about some music when you're free of the 'historical baggage'. Reading reviews on Amazon, it's made some long-time fans soooo het up.. the fact that it was George's idea originally has somehow passed them by.

McCartney and Ringo both were involved with feedback and approval
Maaca even went as far to tell the Martins' to go further and go even more out there with it

It does create a great template to remaster the entire collection with the sound quality of "Love"
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  03:10:34  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
there is a vast amount of the earlier releases before "Rubber Soul"
in only mono that would be really good in stereo! re-mixing and mastering those recordings may be coming i hope! cheers!
all i want for xmas is Beatles LOVE!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page