New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2006 :  12:43:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't resist going to see "Love Story" again at the Ritzy in Brixton last night. I knew that it was too much of an event to miss, being part of the BFI festival, and it would another opportunity to meet up with some of the Love gang. It was great to hang out in the bar at the Ritzy with Mike Dimarco and his son, Chris and his lady, and of course Mike and Chris (the film makers) and Johnny Echols. I was lucky enough to get a great return seat (row F, dead centre) and eventually found myself sitting in front of Johnny! The Ritzy is a much smaller and more intimate venue than the NFT (which is of course a great place, too). Seeing the movie again was like going to a second Dylan concert in a row...the first time, I was full of expectations and apprehensions about what it would be like, and needed to become familiar with what was being presented. The second time, I was able to sit back and thoroughly enjoy it. I now think that the Love documentary could not be bettered...it is beautifully structured, and the musical content is skillfully interwoven. If only this movie is shown on TV, I now think that it could find many new Love converts. There is enough of interest here to spark the initial purchase of a Love CD, even if someone only caught a segment of it. After the showing of the movie, Johnny Echols once again answered questions. One young lady asked him what Arthur had said at the start of the movie(which had not been audible). Johnny replied that Arthur had quoted his message from God - "Love on Earth Must Be". To this Johnny added "and the truth will set you free". Love forever, John E
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page