Page: of 2

Susan B.
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  18:50:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gordo

first of all it's unlikely parole will be granted due to the number of death threats against him

secondly, I never knew that sentences for murder depend on whether the person you kill is famous?

whether 24 years is long enough a sentence for murder is another matter.

But I for one am not prepared to sign a petition that effectively is calling for somebody to be denied their freedom on the grounds their victim was famous.

If it was a petition calling for consistant sentencing of convicted criminals regardless of colour, nationality or wealth, that might be worth signing, but I guess nobody else would be interested because the average victim of crime doesn't make great music.

Go to Top of Page

otis robb
Third Love

50 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  23:57:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wanted to bring up a fact about Mr. Lennon. Very tight with his money. As for the Anysley Dubbar reference, he was in the Zappa/Mothers configuration in the early 70's In fact Lennon/Yoko came to infamous Fillmore East June 1971 show(second night- and were horrible by the way, but not the point). Anyhow, Mr. Dunbar was in the musician's union here and just wanted his usual fee for being on the live session. When he asked Lennon, his reply was to go '**** himself!!!!' As Anysely put, and with all the money the LENNONS have. Wasnt it that When he and Cynthia divorced, she only got some 'pocket change' of $50,000, which may seem like a lot but considered the Fab Fours Success? As Julian Cope, 'Don't Call Me Mark Chapman.' Peace till the next...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page