Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

myoungish
Fifth Love

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  23:53:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A big, heartfelt thanx to Baby Lemonade for being responsible for the glorious, magical last incarnation of Love. You guys and Arthur have undoubtedly provided countless thousands of us with the absolute greatest shows of our lives.

You've brought smiles and awe and goosebumps and massive amounts of natural dopamine flooding to the brain. You've brought tears to the eyes of the most cynical and jaded New Yorkers (a good friend), and made life-long fans out of grumpy girlfriends dragged to the show(seduced from the very moment the glorious bassline to My Little Red Book filled the breathless air, and Arthur sauntered out in full psychedelic cowboy regalia, shaking his tambourine to the beat with that enigmatic and slightly mischievous smile of his.)

You guys are stellar, awesome musicians and true gents, and your loyalty and devotion to Arthur is to be commended. Thanks again.

Michael Young

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  00:13:31  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Top top post Michael, you've hit the nail on the head. I would never have seen the music of Love performed right in front of me if it hadn't been for BL. I feel very lucky that I saw Arthur, even though it was only the once, it was, is and will be the greatest gig I ever witness. So not really adding much to what Michael already wrote so perfectly.....but THANKS SO MUCH Mike, Rusty, Dave.G and Dave.C - You Set The Scene

p.s Come back to the UK soon

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....

Edited by - Kula John on 08/08/2006 00:15:29
Go to Top of Page

Fritz
First Love

15 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  00:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely right Michael and Kula John!! We have the mighty, mighty Baby Lemonade to thank for the awe-inspiring LOVE performances of the last few years. I don't think I would have ever been able to see Arthur in concert had it not been for them. God bless Mike, Rusty, Dave and Daddy-O.
Go to Top of Page

mlucifersam
First Love

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  00:53:55  Show Profile  Visit mlucifersam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here here, the 4 LOVE gigs I attended, 2 in London and 2 in Manchester are among the best gigs I've ever been to. Can't take away the memories.

Mark R Jones,
Manchester UK
Go to Top of Page

otiselevator
Third Love

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  01:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't agree more, the concerts I saw at the Royal Festival Hall and in St Albans were among the best I've ever seen. I nearly didn't go to Milton Keynes Stables when I knew Arthur wasn't going to show but my wife and I are really glad we did....Baby Lemonade did a tremendous show and it was a real pleasure to meet Johnny Echols and the band afterwards. Now I know Arthur was ill, all is forgiven and I hope everyone feels the same. When the time is right I look forward to hearing some great music from Johnny and everyone he wants to play with. Meanwhile lets just give thanks to Baby Lemonade for helping Arthur and his music gain the recognition they so richly deserve.

Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  16:27:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You, Arthur Lee.
Go to Top of Page

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  17:05:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with every word "myoungish". Arthur with Baby Lemonade is what I always dreamed I would hear with a Love Band. I saw Love three times in earlier incarnations and twenty times since Arthur's release.
Every show was very good and most were superb. Although it might seem that there were many wasted years, I feel that it was destiny for Arthur to return at a dark time in the world, and when a whole new generation could hear him. If he'd just kept re-treading the same material year after year, it may not have had the same impact.
Love forever, John E
Go to Top of Page

ZFarrar
Fourth Love

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  17:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I think we should thank Waxburn, for his blind loyalty in spite of the reality of things.
Wax played such an instrumental part in Arthur Lee & Love's return, in spite of his rather low IQ. Absolutely,I saw the pickup bands that would play with Love in the 80's under the banner "Love", Baby Lemonade truly brought Love's music alive, which was not only Arthur Lee, but Bryan Mclean. May they both RIP.
Go to Top of Page

RBNYC
First Love

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  18:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baby Lemonade is a real class act. Excellent musicians and good people (as demonstrated by their commitment to the LA Benefit)

Good Luck to you, BL, in all of your future endeavors and thank you for all of the wonderful memories.
Go to Top of Page

poetry
Second Love

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  19:12:23  Show Profile  Visit poetry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ZFarrar no getting around it your a straight up megalomaniac |?meg?l??m?n??ak| noun a person who is obsessed with their own power. • a person who suffers delusions of their own power or importance.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  19:23:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZFarrar

No I think we should thank Waxburn, for his blind loyalty in spite of the reality of things.
Wax played such an instrumental part in Arthur Lee & Love's return, in spite of his rather low IQ. Absolutely,I saw the pickup bands that would play with Love in the 80's under the banner "Love", Baby Lemonade truly brought Love's music alive, which was not only Arthur Lee, but Bryan Mclean. May they both RIP.

Long live Arthur Lee.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  19:24:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by poetry

ZFarrar no getting around it your a straight up megalomaniac |?meg?l??m?n??ak| noun a person who is obsessed with their own power. • a person who suffers delusions of their own power or importance.

Love= Arthur Lee.Thats the way it was, is and will always be.
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  20:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I can't thank Baby Lemonade enough for helping Arthur realise his dream of performing Forever Changes live and in it's entirety with strings and horns. And we fans realised our dreams of seeing the great man at his absolute brilliant best over the last few years! What fantastic memories!! I'll be forever thankful to Arthur, Mike, Dave C, Dave G and Rusty. Must mention Henry Lui too although I never saw him. Also not forgetting Johnny Echols, it was magic seeing him play in this great band.
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  01:11:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You said it, Old Man. I will always be indebted to them.
Go to Top of Page

LeeRob
Fifth Love

397 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  01:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks also to B.L. for their performance with Johnny and Michael at the Whiskey a-go-go benifit for Arthur Lee. It was fantastic!
Go to Top of Page

ZFarrar
Fourth Love

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  01:29:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poetry,did someone buy you a dictionary.?.how nice. I understand the meaning of the word, however your labeling me as a megalomaniac is meaningless as a smiley face from your friend
Waxburn. BTW how can any thinking person be critical of Baby Lemonade after all they did to bring Forever Changes to the forefront 35 years after its release is beyond me.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page