haystock festival
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2006 :  00:56:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for any of my friends in the north who were thinking of going to the big brother gig at the festival on the 27th aug...well its been moved a week early, downsized to 300 instead of 3000 people, and cut the costs by not having any "expensive" bands on,,so basically no big brother.
think i'll go see them in leeds instead
quite dissapointed about that!

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  21:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Thanks for the update! I checked recently, and this change had not been made yet!

I would only have been going to see BB anyway, so will check out their tourlist for alternative dates!
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2006 :  01:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
seeing BBHC on the 29th, will let you know how it goes, couldnt bring myself to post or read much on the board lately, just makes me so sad, I've got an exhibition in the forth pub in newcastle for any passers by, Arthur is there, looking cool on the wall.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2006 :  03:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Forth? I know it. Just a 5 minute bus ride away.

Will probably be at the Irish Centre too, as it is the nearest gig to me. Probably make it a day trip and come back the same day. Should be fun!

Agreed about Arthur. Listened to the Forever Changes Concerts today. The man is just fabulous.
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2006 :  18:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hope you can pop in caljam, say hello to Arthur! I've sold quite a few already so its going well.
We are staying overnight in leeds, no doubt you will spot me and my 2 friends, i'll be the one in the middle, drunk, who thinks she sounds like janis joplin!
Go to Top of Page

aldo
Third Love

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2006 :  00:09:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big Brother and the Holding Company are also paying 2 gigs near perth scotland next week, think Im going to check them out.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2006 :  00:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jellybean

hope you can pop in caljam, say hello to Arthur! I've sold quite a few already so its going well.
We are staying overnight in leeds, no doubt you will spot me and my 2 friends, i'll be the one in the middle, drunk, who thinks she sounds like janis joplin!

Cool. I'll probably be by myself as my mate can't make it, and all my other mates don't know who they are and won't come!

So I'll drive down after work, and drive back after the gig.

If you see a bloke by the bar drinking cokes, and looking like he has no mates, that could well be me! :-)
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2006 :  01:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone else going to Chepstow for the bbhc show at the Chepstow Festival? Am planning on going
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2006 :  12:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, i'll come and say hello!
wrote my essay for freedoman, the only thing i've ever won is an electric watersquirter that cleans your teeth when I was 10..
lets say i'll prob not get me mitts on the tambourine!
let us know how the scottish gigs go aldo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page