a small rant
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2006 :  22:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok this has nothing to so with love or music but I went for a job interview today, there was 5 jobs and they interviewed 14 people, of course I was last so I had to sit for 6 hours as they made us come in together...yes that was 6 HOURS!!!!!!
and after all that.....I didnt get the job
what a bunch of^*&^&^%$%^£%$£%&"&%"

rant over

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2006 :  23:34:10  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Poor you!!
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2006 :  03:34:04  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
those sons of bass-turds!..... notice the bass-turds? that's to make you chuckle! ha. ever see a bass turd? i'm sorry about your job search stress. man, i've been through it a lot. it's craaaap, i tell ya'. ....those jobs, they suck, anyway. you are better than that. chinn up!
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2006 :  15:23:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jellybean...

I know you are an artist and I also know that many artist will starve trying to get work in their field.

Try to think outside the box (I'm sure you are doing that)

Art Therapy in the Medical field
Children's Illustration
Advertising / Marketing

If you're trying for something outside of your field, think about finding something where you can do it from your residence.

Medical and/or Insurance transcription
Word processing

And if you have technical skills with PC's / Printers-Faxes...look into a Call Center position or even a Field Service Technician

Good luck and don't give up

Allan
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2006 :  19:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi allan, thanks for the advice. I actually work with kids..more the ones with behavioral/emotional probs, the job was in a school doing this. I have my degree in art but have never made a living from it, it's just too damn hard unless your extremely lucky.
The school i'm at on supply has just offered me a placement till summer so thats kinda perked me up a bit....as one doors closes another one opens I guess..

thanks for the kind words guys...middle managememt in educational establishments truly are bass turds!! I'm far to much of a hippy, maybe they sense my peace and free love vibes
Go to Top of Page

Arnstein
Fifth Love

Norway
340 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2006 :  14:12:38  Show Profile  Click to see Arnstein's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You feel so phony when you work with Phil
And also Bill

Edited by - Arnstein on 25/06/2006 15:49:12
Go to Top of Page

Arnstein
Fifth Love

Norway
340 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2006 :  01:20:03  Show Profile  Click to see Arnstein's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hehe, I guess you better sit on a hillside and watch all the people die tomorrow!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page