Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 So who are you guys?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bobinbed Posted - 18/02/2006 : 20:16:38
I thought it would be nice to know a bit more about eachother. Ok, I admit it - I'm a curious cow. But still, it's fun to get to know people and maybe see a picture...

This is me.
I live in Sweden and work with nature preservation. I'm going to move to a small village just outside of Rochester in England later this year. The music I listen to is mainly sixties psychedelia, seventies rock and prog. I like to do art and webdesign, and read. Preferably beat literature, science books and murder mysteries.

Your turn!

~Gravity is not responsible for people falling in love~
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
michael Posted - 01/03/2006 : 22:31:59
Thanks Old Man for the welcome,I will try to stay steadfast in my quest!!Fish and Eggs seem to be my vice at this time.......And to Jon (astrolobe33),I know the Florida connection with that band,but,I have not yet been priviliged to hear any of thier music.The compilation of bands that Captain Beyond comes from and the other connections to Florida I am very familiar with.(Johnny Winter,Mike Pinera,Bobby Womack,Capricorn Records,Iron Butterfly,Reese Wynans,SRV and Deep Purple.)I will hear them when the time is right I guess(when it happens).I am about 400 miles south of Hastings in the Miami area,Deep south baby in gator country!(Everglades)Peace and Love.......God Bless........Michael
astrolobe33 Posted - 01/03/2006 : 20:53:00
Say michael, you being from Fla. I wondered if you ever saw (or see) the band Captain Beyond. I like their acid-tinged southern rock-oid style, recently bought my second album of theirs. Have a bootleg from as late as '99, too. Pretty cool. I used to have a Great-Aunt & -Uncle down there too, tiny li'l burg near St. Augustine called Hastings.
Anyway, welcome to the group.
Jon
Old_Man Posted - 01/03/2006 : 20:44:27
Hi Michael, nice to see another....well nearly vegan on here. I've been vegan 29 years and still here to tell the tale, haha! Keep trying.
michael Posted - 01/03/2006 : 19:56:58
Hi Bobinbed,My name is Michael,I Live in Florida,USA.I am married five years now to my beautiful,understanding and life changing wife Janet.I do custom painting mostly of motorcycles and guitars.I like to play my Les Paul guitar(though I am not too good,....yet).I love to go to the beach and be in places of great natural beauty.Trying to go vegan.Suffered many years of my life with opiate dependancy(now in recovery and getting healthier every day!)Love music ofcoarse,and quite a variety from the 60's(70) Psych stuff to Blues to Southern rock to 60-70's Soul,Zydeco,Folk and the other 60-70's rock staples(you know who they are)Maybe it's because I live in the south,But,And believe this or not,I never new of the existence of Love's Forever Changes until now!I knew of only 3 Love tunes that where on the radio thru the years(from Love and Da Capo).So I am discovering this well kept secret from my part of the world.I learned that Love did not tour America other than California and have never come to Florida(though thier labelmates the Doors did).Arthur is from the south like me as well and if the rumours are true and he is in Memphis to perform soon I may get my chance.And by the way....Nice Picture!..........God Bless You...........Michael
astrolobe33 Posted - 01/03/2006 : 04:35:58
Dead Hippie!? No kidding.. I remember you guys. My buddy had one of your records back in the 80s. Probably still does, gonna have to make him give it a spin next time I get over there.
bob f. Posted - 01/03/2006 : 04:23:16
i met Sky at a show in about '83 in L.A. where i was doing the light show for his gig featuring an all girl back-up band , " Frightwig". my band , Dead Hippie, produced the multi-band concert featuring , Sky Saxon, and i met him backstage, and we chatted, he with a 40 ounce beer in hand. a cool and friendly guy. the show was great!
BobbyFischer Posted - 27/02/2006 : 20:22:18
Thats a cool photo of you and Sky,Steve!I was at The Seeds concert in Oslo about half a year ago and that was a surreal experience!Me and a friend came to the small club early and after awhile saw a old and very cheap looking van with foreign plates parking right outside the entrance.People,mainly young girls went in and out of it and the hours went.Then Mr Skymaster walks out of the van goes straight to the pub and orders a pink umbrella drink at the bar,and I can swear there is no one at the club who knows who it is exept me and my friend because we sat by the window and witnessed the van scene!He sits in the pub for about 20 minutes totally unoticed then goes up to the scene to perform a real campy zombie slow version of Cant seem to make you mine,like he was getting a kick out of witnessing all the paralyzed and disappointment looking faces in the crowd,because right from the next track he and the band turned the pace up to at least eleven faster and were just great the rest of the concert!
franklima Posted - 25/02/2006 : 07:21:37
franklima Posted - 25/02/2006 : 07:20:46
ThomasGalasso Posted - 23/02/2006 : 21:38:20
Well.

My name is Thomas Galasso and I am 24 years old. I live in Detroit, MI where I was born. I am moving back to California this summer. I used to live in the Bay Area when I was ages 7 through 14.

I am a film actor. I have done a few features, and some short films. I am very much into music. Lots of hip hop, jazz, and rock music and of course older R&B/soul. I am up at www.myspace.com/thomasgalasso, and also on the IMDB.com

I am the co-founder of a rock band calling itself Velvet Audio or Siddhartha depending on who you ask. They just recorded an album with Jim Diamond and currently stand as the top unsigned band in the state of Michigan. They have all the buzz. I would be lying if I said all was wine and roses between that group and myself.

I am a huge fan of The Doors, who were like my gateway into rock music during my high school days. The Who would be next, and then some Led Zepplin and Stereolab. The rest would fall into place.

-Thomas Galasso
astrolobe33 Posted - 21/02/2006 : 21:37:23
quote:
Originally posted by steve64

I reckon the person you are mimicking is Tommy Hall from 13th Floor Elevators - from the back of the Easter Everywhere album?

Hey, yep, you nailed it steve64!
Contact me off list if you will, and I'll get your mailing address. I think you're gonna like this disc...
Jon
steve64 Posted - 21/02/2006 : 18:31:27

here is a pic of me with Sky Saxon of The Seeds which was taken in June 2004 at a New York Dolls gig in London
astrolobe33 Posted - 21/02/2006 : 15:33:58
quote:
Originally posted by Bobinbed
Ok here's my guess:
You are mimicing Peter North in the classic "The TV repairman always cums twice" In the scene where he says to the blonde housewife - "Ssshhhh!!!! Be quiet - Your husband might hear us"

Mmm, no, sorry that's not it...
(it's not from a movie)
Bobinbed Posted - 21/02/2006 : 11:04:30
quote:

...hey just for kicks, I'll send a very special psychedelic cdr--a new, quality fan-made, for-trade-only collection of rarities from a fine 60's band (I'll be surprised if any of you already have this one) to the first one to name the person I mimic in this pic, and exactly where that original photo was used.
Later, Jon

p.s. you have to post the answer here on the message board, off-list contacts won't count.

Ok here's my guess:
You are mimicing Peter North in the classic "The TV repairman always cums twice" In the scene where he says to the blonde housewife - "Ssshhhh!!!! Be quiet - Your husband might hear us"

- "What do you mean it's a literary high?"
- "It's a Kafka high. It makes you feel like a bug."
Arnstein Posted - 20/02/2006 : 23:58:04
My name is Arnstein and I live in Norway!

I study music, and I love it!
I like alot of different music, but my favourite genres are classical music and psych rock. Other genres that I really enjoy is jazz, 70s prog rock, and punk. Damn, Ive forgot so many genres now! I will edit the post later!

Good to see other scandinavians here!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page