Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 Lightfoot Concert

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rocker Posted - 31/05/2011 : 21:52:49
Well I got the chance to see Lightfoot and his band performing at Toronto's famed Massey Hall last Wednesday. He's 72 but you wouldn't know it about the great Canadian icon. His voice was fine and the band was real tight as usual. Gordo's a professional and it shows when he did some of his hits and ones from his large songbook. All power to him and I hope his career continues on and on. You can tell he loves to perform.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
captain america and billy Posted - 01/06/2011 : 15:35:17
Yes,it was called "Gord's Gold".I bought at a thrift real cheap.Probably replaced on cd by other Lightfoot greatest hits compilation vartiations that are are more concisesly assembled.If no other track, "If You Could Read My Mind" is ceratinly timeless just as "Time in a Bottle" is in the same singer-songwriter vain for the late Jim Croce.Every once in a while,I'll find myself returning to Lightfoot's richly soothing accoustic stylings.
rocker Posted - 01/06/2011 : 14:08:35
Right and you know it's still in print. I found out though some of his stuff is "out of print". I guess that's how music goes with the eras, eh?
lemonade kid Posted - 31/05/2011 : 22:13:10
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

Well I got the chance to see Lightfoot and his band performing at Toronto's famed Massey Hall last Wednesday. He's 72 but you wouldn't know it about the great Canadian icon. His voice was fine and the band was real tight as usual. Gordo's a professional and it shows when he did some of his hits and ones from his large songbook. All power to him and I hope his career continues on and on. You can tell he loves to perform.

It must have been great kust to be at Massey Hall....so much history. Love ol' Gord. Remember when Gord's Gold was a huge seller...a double vinyl greatest....late 70's I think.

while I sing this song.
But if one day you should see me from your cloud
lend a hand and lift me
Away from the crowd.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page