New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  21:52:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I got the chance to see Lightfoot and his band performing at Toronto's famed Massey Hall last Wednesday. He's 72 but you wouldn't know it about the great Canadian icon. His voice was fine and the band was real tight as usual. Gordo's a professional and it shows when he did some of his hits and ones from his large songbook. All power to him and I hope his career continues on and on. You can tell he loves to perform.

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  22:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

Well I got the chance to see Lightfoot and his band performing at Toronto's famed Massey Hall last Wednesday. He's 72 but you wouldn't know it about the great Canadian icon. His voice was fine and the band was real tight as usual. Gordo's a professional and it shows when he did some of his hits and ones from his large songbook. All power to him and I hope his career continues on and on. You can tell he loves to perform.

It must have been great kust to be at Massey Hall....so much history. Love ol' Gord. Remember when Gord's Gold was a huge seller...a double vinyl greatest....late 70's I think.

while I sing this song.
But if one day you should see me from your cloud
lend a hand and lift me
Away from the crowd.
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  14:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right and you know it's still in print. I found out though some of his stuff is "out of print". I guess that's how music goes with the eras, eh?
Go to Top of Page

captain america and billy
Old Love

907 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  15:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes,it was called "Gord's Gold".I bought at a thrift real cheap.Probably replaced on cd by other Lightfoot greatest hits compilation vartiations that are are more concisesly assembled.If no other track, "If You Could Read My Mind" is ceratinly timeless just as "Time in a Bottle" is in the same singer-songwriter vain for the late Jim Croce.Every once in a while,I'll find myself returning to Lightfoot's richly soothing accoustic stylings.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page