Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 Syd Barrett - Mojo 40th anniversary feature

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 31/08/2007 : 12:56:16
I've just received the latest (October!) edition of Mojo. Their leading feature is entitled 'The Heart of Darkness' and is an amazing re-evaluation of 'The Piper at the Gates of Dawn' - originally released in August 1967. What makes it so special is that it contains very recent interviews with Waters, Gilmour, Mason and Wright - although, disappointingly, Waters is unbelievably dismissive towards the the worth of that classic release. There is also a free cd entitled 'In Search of Syd'. The magazine also has a commentary on the cd in which some surprising musical links are drawn. The most revelatory of these to me is Frank Zappa who apparently jammed with Pink Floyd in Belgium during late 1969 .... on a 21 minute version of 'Interstellar Overdrive'.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
astrolobe33 Posted - 05/09/2007 : 21:01:48
quote:
Originally posted by John9

The magazine also has a commentary on the cd in which some surprising musical links are drawn. The most revelatory of these to me is Frank Zappa who apparently jammed with Pink Floyd in Belgium during late 1969 .... on a 21 minute version of 'Interstellar Overdrive'.

I've heard that recording, it's pretty interesting!
myoungish Posted - 05/09/2007 : 08:23:48
What I meant was the regular monthly issues of Mojo are reliable here in the States....

Michael Young
myoungish Posted - 05/09/2007 : 08:22:34
Floyd with Zappa?...You know, that magazine shows up sporadically (or not)here at my U.S. bookstore...and often months behind. At least the mighty Mojo can be depended on...on time.

Michael Young

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page