New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2007 :  12:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just received the latest (October!) edition of Mojo. Their leading feature is entitled 'The Heart of Darkness' and is an amazing re-evaluation of 'The Piper at the Gates of Dawn' - originally released in August 1967. What makes it so special is that it contains very recent interviews with Waters, Gilmour, Mason and Wright - although, disappointingly, Waters is unbelievably dismissive towards the the worth of that classic release. There is also a free cd entitled 'In Search of Syd'. The magazine also has a commentary on the cd in which some surprising musical links are drawn. The most revelatory of these to me is Frank Zappa who apparently jammed with Pink Floyd in Belgium during late 1969 .... on a 21 minute version of 'Interstellar Overdrive'.

Edited by - John9 on 31/08/2007 12:57:18

myoungish
Fifth Love

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  08:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Floyd with Zappa?...You know, that magazine shows up sporadically (or not)here at my U.S. bookstore...and often months behind. At least the mighty Mojo can be depended on...on time.

Michael Young
Go to Top of Page

myoungish
Fifth Love

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  08:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I meant was the regular monthly issues of Mojo are reliable here in the States....

Michael Young
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  21:01:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

The magazine also has a commentary on the cd in which some surprising musical links are drawn. The most revelatory of these to me is Frank Zappa who apparently jammed with Pink Floyd in Belgium during late 1969 .... on a 21 minute version of 'Interstellar Overdrive'.

I've heard that recording, it's pretty interesting!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page