Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 OBITS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
astrolobe33 Posted - 09/08/2007 : 20:52:33
Michaelangelo Antonioni (September 29, 1912 - July 30, 2007), director of the films "Blow Up" and "Zabriskie Point" died last week, on the same day as another great filmmaker, Ingmar Bergman (b. July 14, 1918).

R.I.P.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rocker Posted - 13/08/2007 : 14:33:51
I just read a bit on Scorsese who really can't get enough of Antonioni and his films. Antonioni affected his work very much.
I'd say Arthur fits in here pretty well in that he also (through his music as opposed to film) just like Bergman and Antonioni focused on the "human condition". And as Morrison said, "no one here gets out alive", we all do what we can while we hang around, eh???..;-)....
L'Avventura's the one which got Scorsese going. Also, Blow-Up is another good film which I'm sure everyone here is familiar with.
Arnstein Posted - 13/08/2007 : 01:07:05
I love Bergman! I have The Seventh Seal, Hour of the Wolf, Persona and Autumn Sonata! Love them!

And you must not forget that also Michel Serrault died the same week! Seems like Death don't have vacation in the summer, unfortunately.
John9 Posted - 12/08/2007 : 11:31:09

Strangely, I had seen the new print of Bergman's 'The Seventh Seal' only a few days before his passing - and I had found it much more fascinating and thought provoking than I ever did before. As for Antonioni - seeing 'The Passenger' in 1975 was a kind of coming of age for me. For the first time I began to appreciate how intelligent cinema can do so much more than tell a story. Both directors have left us with a wonderful legacy.
rocker Posted - 10/08/2007 : 18:18:10
yeah you wouldn't get "Singin' In the Rain" with Ingmar...
astrolobe33 Posted - 10/08/2007 : 17:05:29
quote:
Originally posted by LeeRob

Amazing isn't it, I remember seeing their films in the 60's at the Brattle Theater in Cambridge.
(just as an aside: It came to mind that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on the same day as well...hmm.)

I didn't remember that. And so did John F. Kennedy and Aldous Huxley! In very different ways in their case of course.
astrolobe33 Posted - 10/08/2007 : 16:59:48
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

yes great film makers...but complicated!!...

Not especially happy films from either of them, were they. Antonioni with the existential malaise, and Bergman so intense and cerebral.
rocker Posted - 10/08/2007 : 15:22:41
yes great film makers...but complicated!!...
LeeRob Posted - 09/08/2007 : 21:57:53
Amazing isn't it, I remember seeing their films in the 60's at the Brattle Theater in Cambridge.
(just as an aside: It came to mind that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on the same day as well...hmm.)

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page