Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 Observer Music Monthly

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alone Again Posted - 20/05/2007 : 13:26:09
If anyone is interested there is a 12 page spread about the summer of love in San Francisco in the Observer Music Monthly today.contributors include Country Joe,Bob Weir of Grateful Dead, Gary Duncan of Quicksilver Messenger Service,Paul Kanter of Jefferson Airplane & John Kay of Steppenwolf among other hippies.
Havnt gotten around to reading it yet but it looks good.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alone Again Posted - 23/05/2007 : 16:42:01
Its a very interesting piece i like the way most of them did not glamourise or sensationalise the whole thing.look forward to reading the ozzy article 2.
I get the magizine every month its usually a good read.they had a 1 page piece on Syd Barrett and Arthur Lee couple of months ago although most of the article was dedicated to Syd with the last paragraph on Arthur.
Cal Jam Posted - 21/05/2007 : 22:52:24
Cheers! Just saved the magazine from going in the recycle bin after seeing this thread. I gotta look more closely next time!

A very long article. Looking forward to getting stuck in. The Ozzy Osbourne piece should be good as well.
rocker Posted - 21/05/2007 : 17:32:20
I enjoyed those Observer interviews...."flower-power"....something happened back there to make things go off the rails...
Rolling Stone is supposed to do something as well in one of their upcoming issues too in the SOL '67...
rocker Posted - 21/05/2007 : 14:29:26
Summer of Love..'67..read a piece here where it was noted that there was some conflict between SF and LA bands at the time where the SF bands thought that LA was too "commerical" in its attitude to music-making..appears the SF bands thought they had the "heart & soul"....this was to have come out in the setting up of the Montery Festival...wonder how Arthur and the band related to that one...
mikeb Posted - 20/05/2007 : 17:00:28
It's online but you need to register at the site which is free:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/omm/story/0,,2080202,00.html (Part One with link to Part Two)

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page