Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 Music Biopics : Who Would You Like to See ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ThomasGalasso Posted - 31/03/2006 : 00:05:04
Everyone by now knows about my whole Arthur Lee fascination and cinema, and for those wondering my name has gotten the attention of a lot of agencies and publicists now. There is a slight little war between to companies but that is another story, but needless to say I am very happy about.

Well, this long winded young man was just wondering what people would you like to see get the film treatment ? I ask because I found out that Ian Curtis of Joy Division has a film about his life coming titled "Control" directed by acclaimed music video helmer Antone Corbijn.

I felt it an odd, yet cool choice.

-Thomas Galasso
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikeb Posted - 04/04/2006 : 12:57:14
There's two used copies up at amazon.co.uk though pricey:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/0951287591/used/ref=sdp_usedb/026-4473778-9398861
ZFarrar Posted - 04/04/2006 : 00:32:36
Thanks Bobby..hopefully I can track it down.
jellybean Posted - 03/04/2006 : 22:54:57
bobby, the link says its no longer available :-(
Shame, it sounds like it's a good read.
I would love to see a movie about grace, I regard her and Janis very highly, although they both struggled with their own demons, they still seemed very strong remarkable women. Grace's book is agood read, something about jim morrison and strawberries phew what lucky girl
BobbyFischer Posted - 03/04/2006 : 05:14:36
Sorry,I just found out it is still in print .I googled for sounds instead of (psychedelic)psounds which is its correct name,:http://www.freakemporium.com/releases/Psychedelic-Psounds-A--Z-Interviews.html I recommend it strongly,the Maclean interview is atleast 30 a4 pages packed with Bryans bitter/sweet times with Love,name dropping and amazing stories,like he getting in a fight with Jim Morrison,dropping acid with Crosby etc etc
BobbyFischer Posted - 03/04/2006 : 04:43:06
I just googled the book,couldnt find it for sale so maybe its out of print,but found this interview with Allan Vorda who was the the editor and also the one who interviewed Bryan.:http://www.unoalumni.org/alumniauthors/Allan_Vorda/
BobbyFischer Posted - 03/04/2006 : 04:23:50
Probably available still,I bought the book around 97-98 in Helter Skelter book store in London.It was a real long an facinated interview with Bryan from 93 and contained also interviews with 13th floor elevator members,Sky Saxon,and a dozen more obscure 60s artists.
ThomasGalasso Posted - 03/04/2006 : 03:09:58
I look forward to the movie Control based off of the writings of Ian Curtis' widow. I understand that director Antone Corbijn also used to photograph the group, and shoot some of their early music videos.

New Order is recording as Joy Division for the score and soundtrack which should be very cool.

-Thomas
bob f. Posted - 03/04/2006 : 01:46:35
i want to see Sneeky Pete, Chris Hillman, Jay D. Maness, Roger Mcguinn, David Crosby, and others to get together to celebrate the Byrds-Burritos electric-pedal steel -psychedelic-honkytonk-folk music. maybe call themselves the Flying Byrds Brothers.
boombox Posted - 02/04/2006 : 22:29:02
I'm with ZF and Thomas on a Zappa biopic - one crazy dude!

As for Pink doing Janis - bleurghhh! Only women who has ever done her justice have been Melissa Etheridge or Lisa Mills, who sang with bbhc in the early 00s. (Glad no-one mentioned Joss Stone, who butchered a Janis track at some awards ceremony. IMHO, it would be like Celine Dion trying to play Grace Slick - completely out of her league. Actually, come to think of it, even though she's still with us, a biopic of Grace would be amazing.
ZFarrar Posted - 01/04/2006 : 18:45:07
I didn't know that about Bryan. Is that sound available?
ThomasGalasso Posted - 01/04/2006 : 10:07:50
Bryan is an extremely interesting person, and without question any film about Arthur, should feature a whole lot of great stuff on Bryan as well. It is such a shame the man passed on so young.

Zappa would be cool as would Beefheart. I have a passing interest in Zappa, I just need more cash and time to get into the music, but from what I have heard the man was totally fascinating. I am into the whole character study aspect of people which is another reason I am fascinated by Arthur Lee.

-Thomas

I hope everyone has had a great night, because mine was....weird.
BobbyFischer Posted - 01/04/2006 : 06:22:45
*from 93 i think,
BobbyFischer Posted - 01/04/2006 : 06:20:03
in the psychedelic sound Bryan Maclean interview from 93 i think he mentions being a good friend of Zappa in the 60s,even getting an offer to join the band at some point!
ZFarrar Posted - 01/04/2006 : 03:58:57
Renee Zelleweger wouldn't be right to play Janis. Pink already has the part locked up I think.
Rene could play a great Cynthia Lennon though or Sandra Dee. Seriously, I'd like to see a movie on the adventures of Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart. They went to school together in the late 50's in the Antelope Valley. Captain would drive his dad's Helms Bakery truck around with Zappa while they ate day old pinnaple buns and looked for chicks. Later Zappa met Ray Collins, who brought him into the Soul Giants. Zappa goes to on to write one of the all time East L.A.
do wop songs, form the Mothers, and produce Beefheart. Zappa befriended Lenny Bruce and also hung out with Arthur Lee in his early LA years.
ThomasGalasso Posted - 01/04/2006 : 03:35:21

A Janis Joplin film has been in the works for quite some time, and last I heard Renee Zellweger was one of the names mentioned.

-Thomas

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page