Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 Concerts
 Manchester gig 31-3-2005

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
brasseye Posted - 30/03/2005 : 11:27:49
Hi folks. This is my first post...been lurking on here for a while and finally joined yesterday. Been a huge fan of Love since picking up a vinyl copy of 'De Capo' about 10 years ago but until now I've not had the opportunity to see the man himself live...excited is an understatement!

Just wondering where everyone was planning to meet before the gig? Me and my wife are arriving early in the afternoon and doing a bit of shopping beforehand but it would be nice meeting a few people before the gig itself.

Best, Ant.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JSU Posted - 06/04/2005 : 16:07:27
Well thanks for replying, fingers crossed then... I'd be happy to check out even the most dodgy pics at this stage cos I've seen nothing so far!

Paul
admin@john-squire.com

JSU
http://www.john-squire.com
brasseye Posted - 06/04/2005 : 14:24:01
Managed to get a few photos of Mani and john together but they are on my phone and are of such poor quality, it hardly seems worth posting them.

Plenty of other people had camera phones of a much better quality than mine so there's hope yet.

Brasseye.
JSU Posted - 06/04/2005 : 14:06:32
"And then on the way out, right at the back, I spotted TWO original members of the Stone Roses, John Squire and Mani, together! WOW!"

I know it probably would've appeared already, but did anyone actually take any pics of The Stone Roses enjoying the sublime Love gig?!

JSU
http://www.john-squire.com
brasseye Posted - 01/04/2005 : 17:18:15
Oh yes, I'd absolutely LOVE a copy of that gig....anyone record it? I will of course re-imburse any costs etc and be eternally grateful.
mlucifersam Posted - 01/04/2005 : 16:09:00
Oh and if anyone has a recording of last nights gig I'd love to get a copy, My cd trade list is here: http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/roio/t.php?id=5

Mark R Jones,
Manchester UK
Scottishkeith Posted - 01/04/2005 : 15:16:56
Excellent evening , Johnny Echolls was superb and gives the group that new edge. Arthur looked on the "edge" a couple of times but he kept it together well.

The Primary 5 were also excellent.

The old drunk bloke through a hat onto the stage ,he was the guy wandering about with a long wooden staff and I have seen him at previous Manchester gigs.

Actually all the Stones Roses (excluding Ian Brown) inclduing the original bass player before Mani were there.

I told Mani to get his arse up to Glasgow for the last gig of the tour he said he was due a visit so who knows.
mlucifersam Posted - 01/04/2005 : 13:55:25
Fantastic, AGAIN! Much prefered this smaller venue. 4th time and this was as close as I've even been. 2 people in front of me then Arthur and the band. Great to see Johnny, he REALLY looked like he was enjoying himself, grinning like a cheshire cat (so the saying goes) from time to time. AND I have NEVER see anyone play a guitar behind his HEAD AND make it look so EFFORTLESS! I was AMAZED.

What did that old bloke throw on stage? During one song Arthur stopped the band, looked pissed and came down to the front of the stage, right in front of me and was looking into the crowd saying "who did that?" He wasn't happy. Then the crowd cleared and there was standing this colourfully dressed DRUNK old man who then made his way to the front and offered to shake Arthur by the and but Arthur wasn't having any of it and got the bouncers to throw him out.

Loved the "They're locking him up today, they're throwing away the key, I wonder who it will be tomorrow, Michael Jackson or me?"

Again, I took along a mate who's only knowledge of Love was me playing a 'best of' cd in the car from Leeds earlier on in the day. He thought it was FANTASTIC and had goosebumps when they started cos 'they sounded so GOOD!'

And then on the way out, right at the back, I spotted TWO original members of the Stone Roses, John Squire and Mani, together! WOW!

Mark R Jones,
Manchester UK
gazdean Posted - 01/04/2005 : 13:26:45
What an awesome night in manchester last night. first time i have seen Arthur and the band - fantastic performance from a 60 year old guy who you could tell he really wanted to be there.
Was happy wth the switch to academy 2 made the gig more of an intimate night.
Any ideas when the guys are back in manchester again?

Gaz.
gazdean Posted - 01/04/2005 : 13:21:54
quote:
Originally posted by louise aspden

so good i posted twice

louise aspden Posted - 01/04/2005 : 02:15:41
so good i posted twice
louise aspden Posted - 01/04/2005 : 02:15:08
well i am just trying to calm down after the gig. although they moved it to the smaller venue it was brilliant. great to see johnny thereplaying guitar behind his head. went with 3 freinds one of whom got friendly with one of the bouncers and he let us back in when they were clesring the place so got the chance to see arthur and johnny after the gig and get a few things signed. Johny was really sweet.
was great to here little red book, also your mind and we belong together, the new song rainbow in the strom was great all FC except andmoreagain and good humor man, what else signed DC cant explain, singing cowboy, 7 plus 7 sad they didnt do august, might have missed the ood one. would love to try to get to another this tour but probably will have to wait til liverpool in july.

Louise
louise aspden Posted - 01/04/2005 : 02:14:19
well i am just trying to calm down after the gig. although they moved it to the smaller venue it was brilliant. great to see johnny thereplaying guitar behind his head. went with 3 freinds one of whom got friendly with one of the bouncers and he let us back in when they were clesring the place so got the chance to see arthur and johnny after the gig and get a few things signed. Johny was really sweet.
was great to here little red book, also your mind and we belong together, the new song rainbow in the strom was great all FC except andmoreagain and good humor man, what else signed DC cant explain, singing cowboy, 7 plus 7 sad they didnt do august, might have missed the ood one. would love to try to get to another this tour but probably will have to wait til liverpool in july.

Louise
mlucifersam Posted - 31/03/2005 : 16:15:50
I'd LOVE to get Arthur's and Johnny's autographs. Anyone any idea wether there's gunna be ANY way possible to get them tonight in Manchester? I just wanna shake Arthur by the hand! I been into LOVE for over 10 years now and if there's a chance I'd like to. I got so CLOSE at the Powerhouse in London in 1996, I was standing next to Arthur while he was talking to someone after the gig but he disapeared and didn't come back. Gutted! After that he was locked up so I was gutted even more so. I don't wanna hassle him, just get his name in his hand wroter and wish him all the best!

Mark R Jones,
Manchester UK
Scottishkeith Posted - 31/03/2005 : 10:58:12
I will be in Big Hands before the gig.Hope to get there about 7'ish

The Kro Bar across the road is good but doesn't have the same "pre-gig" feel as Big Hands.
brasseye Posted - 30/03/2005 : 18:17:28
Thanks for suggestions....gonna try and get into one of the two pubs across the road but as student loans were paid out last week this might prove to be something of a problem!

Looking forward to it either way...

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page