Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 House of Blues... 8/19/03

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Allan Posted - 15/11/2005 : 19:12:58
I finally had the opportunity to hear this fine concert. Arthur sounds very happy and has a nice rapport going with the audience. DC was there, as was Johnny. And Johnny is just rippin' on Smokestack Lightning.

Arthur even says "LA is my favorite place to perform".

The whole feel of the gig was when there were 'better times'. Arthur is heard plugging The Royal Festival Hall CD, which had just been recently released

Ahhh-the memories

Allan
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bob f. Posted - 19/11/2005 : 05:09:32
it was a new guy dvd. i have one of those dlt stereo audience cds, which is very good! i'm still kickin myself for not getting the dvd. but, you know, i feel that it's all gonna someday (soon i hope) be put together properly, and, yeh, you know THIS band IS THE MOST mysterious obscure ghost of a band in history! very few video , interviews! ha!, real interraction with press and fans. sporadic concerts here and there, amazing shows and this is just the 60s! i grew up with LOVE, and still barely can put it all together yet. they have always been the special band. the lyrics had me in wonder, and understood, yet i was never able to really access them like i did other bands. LOVE was special, Arthur Lee was the magician, and then we all grew up. i'd like to know more about the history of Lee and LOVE, but would be happy just to have some video/audio and also written recordings of those very special early years. especially the video! i do think that a massive compilation of Arthur Lee and LOVE media is due soon , a history and review, and a sharing of home video, tv appearances, concerts, interviews, on and on....done right. but, then, again , 60s material, as well as 70s, is so scarce. in fact all is scarce before Lee's comeback a few years ago with Baby Lemonade. now, things have changed again! i missed the House of Blues show, but did enjoy the Wilshire Ebell( with Zombies), Henry Fonda theater '03, and Knitting Factory(2nd show after A.L. release.)
torben Posted - 18/11/2005 : 08:09:15
Could use more photos for the review page: http://love.torbenskott.dk/tour2003/20030819_hob.asp
Please send me some.
kdion11 Posted - 18/11/2005 : 00:47:13
My girlfriend Susan must have taken about 10 rolls of killer
shots from this show too. I think a lot of them have been used
officially by LOVE since then. Let me know if you guys want me to post them.

KD

quote:
Originally posted by jazmaan

This show gets my vote for #1 best Love show. There were at least two, possible three or more audio recordings and at least two different video recordings. If someone could just find them ALL and edit them all together, it might make a fine surround sound DVD.

jazmaan Posted - 17/11/2005 : 04:30:10
This show gets my vote for #1 best Love show. There were at least two, possible three or more audio recordings and at least two different video recordings. If someone could just find them ALL and edit them all together, it might make a fine surround sound DVD.
MikeP Posted - 17/11/2005 : 01:10:45
I think copies of the DVD were on sale on the merchandising stall on one of the times I saw Love in Sheffield. Arthur plugged it during the set, and asked the audience if anyone knew where the House of Bles was. I didn't have enough money to buy one. Hi ho...
jimmyboy Posted - 16/11/2005 : 22:09:10
I'm not sure but I believe it was a production from the legendary New Guy who will probably be annoyed that I mention this. Sorry Nick!
ladylove Posted - 16/11/2005 : 21:50:32
Thanks for the info, jimmyboy. When I called, they said they don't have any, but I might check it out for myself.

LOVE and peace
jimmyboy Posted - 16/11/2005 : 21:37:43
There is a DVD of that fantastic show (which I attended) available. I found a copy at Amoeba
Records on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood. Its packaged like a CD and was in the Love section which they keep in Oldies. I saw them for sale at the Love Benefit show at Spaceland (that place is like an oven!)in 2004.
boombox Posted - 15/11/2005 : 23:12:40
I have an audio copy of this show and agree it's a good 'un!! If you want a copy, contact me.
ladylove Posted - 15/11/2005 : 22:49:16
Thanx, Allan. I think it's a shame that there isn't a DVD of this concert -- which features not only Johnny but Don Conka (may he RIP). We will never see this again...not in this lifetime. And from what I've read, it was an incredible performance, which is no surprise to me.

With no upcoming concerts scheduled and the uncertainty over AL, I can't believe such an opportunity to gain exposure and earn some money is being overlooked by TPTB.

The Royal Festival Hall DVD is AL with BL performing LOVE classics. No matter how good it is, it's not with the original members. Kinda makes you wonder why the HOB concert isn't being hyped or sold on DVD Surely, it would sell more than the RFH concert.

LOVE and peace
Allan Posted - 15/11/2005 : 22:21:14
finelyfree...it's just audio. A friend of mine has it and he brought it over to have a listen. It's not professional quality as you can here some of the audience talking in the background at some points during the recording, but the distraction is minimal IMHO.
ladylove Posted - 15/11/2005 : 22:02:50
Allan, where did you find this concert? Was it the DVD or just audio? As you know, I've had a difficult time locating anything from this gig.

Thanx in advance.

LOVE and peace

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page