Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 What's Arthur up to? Is he in Memphis?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ruxprncd Posted - 03/11/2005 : 03:21:59
Anybody know what - and how - Arthur is doing?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Allan Posted - 08/11/2005 : 23:35:18
Johnny-I agree...well said!!

Always a pleasure hearing from you, Mr. Echols

Allan

boombox Posted - 08/11/2005 : 17:22:41
My reasoning behind closing the thread was that we should not encourage a return to the petty sniping that took place through August and September, which has driven away some longer standing members of the board. Perhaps "thread closed" was the wrong suggestion - "moderate this thread" may have been a better suggestion, but when people start answering each other back in posts, it's likely to go pear-shaped - again!! My sentiments are the same as Johny's - we dont need to go dragging back over the past, but look to the future, whatever it will bring - I for one am glad Arthur is getting frustrated with Memphis being too calm - shows some of the fire is returning.
ladylove Posted - 08/11/2005 : 07:11:28
Actually, Mal, you and I agree on one thingAL was the talent and BL were the pick-up band. Arthur and Johnny are LOVE...and hopefully they'll reunite by next year and pull it all together one more time(fingers crossed).

I think Mike is a nice guy, but I've never stood at his alter worshiping him -- on the contrary -- I've taken heat from some of his most passionate supporters over the fact that I've always felt that BL was backing up LOVE as opposed to being LOVE. One thing that can't be denied, BL truly did help bring LOVE back to life...and aren't we all grateful for that

I can see how you might take offense at my comment, Mal, and I'm sorry for that. I hope you'll continue to show your interest in the group and share your opinions

We're so lucky to have Johnny around to communicate with us, so I'd like to support his request. Thanx, Johnny
Phil Brauer Posted - 08/11/2005 : 03:33:45
Why in the hell should he close this thread? It started asking about how and what AL is doing in Memphis. If you guys want to shut peoples opinions out you should make this a private board, exclusive to your pre-approved members only, then it would truly suck, and be boring as hell. I agree with the previous posters about BL and how without them I would never have gotten to see Love...but I also don't get into a **** fit anytime someone says something negative about them either.
boombox Posted - 08/11/2005 : 03:02:26
Well said, johnny - thread closed, torben??
johnnylovejoy Posted - 08/11/2005 : 02:17:40
There is none so blind, as he who will not see!

That kind of crap has nearly destroyed this board: Please let's not start it up again!!
Thank you in advance: Johnny Echols
Judith Posted - 08/11/2005 : 00:20:32
Three years ago I took 4 friend to see Love. They'd never heard of the band, but they found the music awesome. Interestingly they weren't too keen on AL as it was not his best performance, but they thought MR et al were brilliant. We all saw 3 shows each year after that and they became keen fans of AL too. My point is, without BL, AL would not have had these fans support. Good luck to all!
Kula John Posted - 07/11/2005 : 20:42:02
Yeh definitely stefaan....if it wasn't for BL i probably wouldve never seen Arthur Lee perform live. So i'm very grateful to them for that.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
stefaan Posted - 07/11/2005 : 17:36:46
quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

old news maldurquoe im afraid, and i doubt u'll have many negative posts about BL on this board. AL's recent revival wouldnt have happened if it weren't for those guys, just remember that.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....

Couldn't agree with you more John!
When I think back at the times I saw AL with BL, it was LOVE at first sight!

Greetz,

Stefaan
Kula John Posted - 07/11/2005 : 14:17:36
old news maldurquoe im afraid, and i doubt u'll have many negative posts about BL on this board. AL's recent revival wouldnt have happened if it weren't for those guys, just remember that.

maldurqoue Posted - 07/11/2005 : 08:30:20
As I've said before. I come down firmly on AL's side in any intra-band dispute. After all he's the genius and BL were the pick up band. AL was the talent while BL was a competent but unremarkable aggregation.

As for you finelyfree who preaches positivity on one hand and talks about 'the finger' on the other hand to anyone who would dare fall short of worshipping at the altar of Mike Randle all I can say is 'the finger' (whichever one you were referring to) right back at you.

Now, back to your regualrly scheduled programming of niceness, positivity and overestimation of the BL musical collective.

Mal

Silence is a sound we hear far too little of these days.
MikeP Posted - 07/11/2005 : 02:56:58
I agree entirely with your post, FinelyFree. What's done is done.
bob f. Posted - 07/11/2005 : 00:18:43
maldu....that's really negative and false. Lee and Baby Lemonade combined from natural dual attraction and purpose to do that thing we all LOVE. IT WAS MEANT TO BE. and now we all are grateful that A. LEE is still with us and changing , again! Baby Lemonade will always provide their art. it's all good. i enjoy LOVE's recordings, and will always remember the concerts. cant wait till Lee's next phase! B.L., Love, and Echols....GEEEEEZE! DO WHATEVER YOU DO! i've always supported you and pray for the best!
ladylove Posted - 06/11/2005 : 19:19:28
I have to agree with you, Judith. Maybe we can weed out these negative posters by pointing the finger at them (I'm sure you can guess which finger). Or perhaps Torben can issue them a personal warning

BL has been a class act all the way. I want to thank them once again for keeping the legacy of LOVE alive all these years...and wish them the best of luck in all endeavors.

Let's all look forward to a New Year and a new beginning with LOVE in our hearts and kindness towards all. Nothing positive comes from negativity

LOVE and peace

Judith Posted - 06/11/2005 : 15:29:25
quote:
Originally posted by maldurqoue

Yes, they'll reunite, then embark on the "Forever Changed" (sic) tour, while Bably Lemonade is left to suck om on sour grapes.

Silence is a sound we hear far too little of these days.

I sense resentment in this post with another 'dig' at BL-hope we're not going down that path again!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page