Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Red Light Green Light

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Joe Morris Posted - 21/06/2012 : 01:47:37
turns out it was a Love original that remained in the unfinished stage that they did during the 1st album

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joe Morris Posted - 21/06/2012 : 19:48:48
Andrew Sandroval (Love Story compiler) mentioned the track in an interview (Castle issue 14, page 1), so one assumes that Elektra still has it

Anyone got that issue? I don't have it to hand

I forget whether it was written on the tape box, but I don't think the track was ever completed

Inessential by all report
milehighmusic Posted - 21/06/2012 : 18:13:53
Hi, this has been muted many times as existing but from everything that down the years has been said, it is very doubtful it got further than a jam at the first album sessions, it's not listed as recorded. There was another mention somewhere that it might have formed the base for Number 14, the flip of Seven & Seven Is, before it was retitled to fit the A-side, but that is probably incorrect too! ;-)
Joe Morris Posted - 21/06/2012 : 03:21:02
Johnny said it was a Love original, but as essential as them doing "Wooly Bully"

Throwaway then
waxburn Posted - 21/06/2012 : 03:08:50
it may have been a cover of candyman
SignedRW Posted - 21/06/2012 : 02:57:53
One reason that it's a little difficult for me to fixate on the mystery of why "Red Light Green Light" has never surfaced (aside from the fact that it was long said to have been a genuine throwaway, for good reason), is that both Arthur and Johnny spent their formative (ie: "Wonderbread" Years) growing up in L.A., where for the twelve year period between 1954 and 1966, Engineer Bill (Stulla) hosted the Cartoon Express on KHJ-TV, Channel 9. A daily feature on the show was "Red Light Green Light," the milk drinking game. Day in, day out, every week for twelve years, L.A. kids of a certain age (including young Arthur and young Johhny) learned to drink all their milk, every drop, (Green Light!) without gulping (Red Light!). Clearly, we've got to locate that song, certainly a missing Love classic, no matter what it takes. Uh, Red Light!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page