Red Light Green Light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  01:47:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
turns out it was a Love original that remained in the unfinished stage that they did during the 1st album

SignedRW
Fifth Love

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  02:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One reason that it's a little difficult for me to fixate on the mystery of why "Red Light Green Light" has never surfaced (aside from the fact that it was long said to have been a genuine throwaway, for good reason), is that both Arthur and Johnny spent their formative (ie: "Wonderbread" Years) growing up in L.A., where for the twelve year period between 1954 and 1966, Engineer Bill (Stulla) hosted the Cartoon Express on KHJ-TV, Channel 9. A daily feature on the show was "Red Light Green Light," the milk drinking game. Day in, day out, every week for twelve years, L.A. kids of a certain age (including young Arthur and young Johhny) learned to drink all their milk, every drop, (Green Light!) without gulping (Red Light!). Clearly, we've got to locate that song, certainly a missing Love classic, no matter what it takes. Uh, Red Light!
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  03:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it may have been a cover of candyman
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  03:21:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Johnny said it was a Love original, but as essential as them doing "Wooly Bully"

Throwaway then
Go to Top of Page

milehighmusic
First Love

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  18:13:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, this has been muted many times as existing but from everything that down the years has been said, it is very doubtful it got further than a jam at the first album sessions, it's not listed as recorded. There was another mention somewhere that it might have formed the base for Number 14, the flip of Seven & Seven Is, before it was retitled to fit the A-side, but that is probably incorrect too! ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  19:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andrew Sandroval (Love Story compiler) mentioned the track in an interview (Castle issue 14, page 1), so one assumes that Elektra still has it

Anyone got that issue? I don't have it to hand

I forget whether it was written on the tape box, but I don't think the track was ever completed

Inessential by all report
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page