Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Recent autographs on old LPs, etc--devalues?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 10/09/2011 : 21:59:33
I have seen many old, or classic, DOORS LPs etc that have been signed more recently by the surviving members--long after a leader had passed.

Do you feel that a "sig" by Ray or Robbie or John devalues a really rare artifact such as a MONO first pressing LP of The DOORS s/t--getting something signed at a more recent concert or promo appearance?

The only Love item that I feel certainly increased in value with a later sig was by the MAN himself in the 80's...Arthur signed my Da Capo CD. Michael too, but that is sentimental for me.

I have read posts here by some who wished they had never had a band member, and such, sign their treasured collectables.

Personally, I have wondered about getting Michael Stuart-Ware to sign my first press vinyl Forever Changes. As Michael is a friend, it would make it special in some ways for me...but I don't know....what do you think, Torben...valued members?

Maybe the few surviving members of the original Love (only Johnny Echols & Michael...geese, sorry I forgot Snoopy) would be more special & add value, as they aren't out there still "selling their souls" for money.

What are your thoughts, forum collectors?

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
underture Posted - 12/09/2011 : 13:51:22
I don't have any vintage LoVE material, but if I did I would not hesitate for a moment to have Johnny, Michael or even Snoopy sign. I would never give these items up and after I pass I don't think I'll care what happens to them.

You Set The Scene
John9 Posted - 10/09/2011 : 23:03:23

These must be wonderful to have, LK. The only autogaphs I have are those from a handful of authors. To my mind, they definitely add to the meaning and enjoyment of whatever it is, be it record or book.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page