Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 She Comes In Colors--LoVE vs Stones

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 07/06/2011 : 18:51:54
Old news to most here but I enjoy it, and never get tired of this kind of stuff....

It has been related that when the Stones where in LA recording "Aftermath", they saw LoVE. The "revelation" they experienced was profound it seems.

The Stones went on to record their longest track to date & to later record their wonderful "She's A Rainbow"....the similarities are too striking to be chance...but Arthur's original will always be my favorite....though the only similarity is lyrically, not in the tunes.

She Comes In Colors...more psychedelic and deeper and darker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMepqPsyIvo

She's A Rainbow....more flower power peace & love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2RXKvkvH_k&feature=related

"Da Capo would yield the wonderful song "She Comes In Colors" which was later co-oped by The Rolling Stones for the song "She's A Rainbow". Arthur would never forget it...."

AFTERMATH-
The album proved to be a major artistic breakthrough for The Rolling Stones, being the first full-length release by the band to consist exclusively of Mick Jagger/Keith Richards compositions.....

(hmmmm. maybe seeing Love had some effect on that revelation--I just cannot resist....sorry, that's the last pun-- & breakthrough?)

Aftermath was also the first Rolling Stones album to be recorded entirely in the United States, at the legendary RCA Studios in Hollywood, California at 6363 Sunset Boulevard, and the first album the band released in stereo.

Arthur Lee on Revelation and The Stones....

The song "Revelation" was a long jam we did so the musicians could express themselves. The Rolling Stones saw us play at the Brave New World, and they recorded a long song on their next album. After our album came out, I got the blame for copying THEM!

The album's critical reputation has suffered as a result of the inclusion of this track, and many blame producer Paul Rothchild for failing to capture the group's live energy and truncating their performance. It is interesting to note, though, that in a contemporary review of the album (1967), critic Robert Christgau praised "Revelation" faintly for its "excellent guitar and harmonica work and great screaming by a lead singer (I don't know his name; the new style in record jackets is to reveal nothing)".

I love Arthur's song-"She Comes In Colors"...is that your favorite also...or is there a miscreant among us who likes the Stone's song better?!!

while I sing this song.
But if one day you should see me from your cloud
lend a hand and lift me
Away from the crowd.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joe Morris Posted - 09/07/2011 : 21:14:42
and Arthur whinged on and on about it until you just wanted to shut him off. "Oh the Stones took my idea and did "Goin Home" for an album side" etc etc!

I'm surprised the Stones never sued for the lift of "What a shame" ("Can't Explain"

(no relation to the diabolical What a Shame Mary Jane that Syd Barrett did NOT play on with the Beatles!
lemonade kid Posted - 09/07/2011 : 17:17:40
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

yeah everybody stole from Arthur, he never stole ANYTHING from anyone else ! (What a shame/Can't explain!)

Christ how tedious

Jimi like stole Arthurs look didn't he?

"Good artists borrow, great artists steal!"

-Picasso, or T.S Elliot, or Shakespeare... or who knows...
but, the age old quote WAS stolen from somebody, for sure!

Joe Morris Posted - 09/07/2011 : 15:22:46
yeah everybody stole from Arthur, he never stole ANYTHING from anyone else ! (What a shame/Can't explain!)

Christ how tedious

Jimi like stole Arthurs look didn't he?
bob f. Posted - 05/07/2011 : 23:09:05
" Mick Jagger stole the title from me..."
Arthur Lee at the Roskilde Festival 2002.

...what the world needs now...
rocker Posted - 05/07/2011 : 20:54:28
heh heh yeah!..and things we'd like to see..
keef and Jimmy Buffet doing an album of pirate sea shanties....
lemonade kid Posted - 05/07/2011 : 18:27:31
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

Yes, $800 million in the bank will do that for you...........

hehehhehehheheh...and all for playing some geetar 'round the world and writing some songs!! Nice work if you can get it! I have to hand it to keef and mick that they kept themselves alive after being around each other for all these years. I'm sure they know that they're two very different individuals and there's a tremendous amount of respect between them. I'd even think that while keef doesn't mind taking Mick down a few pegs he wouldn't like it it if others did. keef looks like he's got a pretty strong "loyalty" gene in him.

The Pirate's Code....

rocker Posted - 05/07/2011 : 16:37:21

hehehhehehheheh...and all for playing some geetar 'round the world and writing some songs!! Nice work if you can get it! I have to hand it to keef and mick that they kept themselves alive after being around each other for all these years. I'm sure they know that they're two very different individuals and there's a tremendous amount of respect between them. I'd even think that while keef doesn't mind taking Mick down a few pegs he wouldn't like it it if others did. keef looks like he's got a pretty strong "loyalty" gene in him.
Joe Morris Posted - 03/07/2011 : 02:24:20
Happy !
Baby gonna keep me
Happy!
lemonade kid Posted - 01/07/2011 : 23:39:52

kdion11 Posted - 01/07/2011 : 19:59:39
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

quote:
Originally posted by captain america and billy

Despite all his onstage falmboyances,Jagger as seen in interviews is indeed VERY down to earth in terms of personal perspective.Some might even say he has been earth-IE.

Mick has mellowed a lot over the last several years and seems to have a much more relaxed demeanor & outlook..

lemonade kid Posted - 01/07/2011 : 19:30:49
quote:
Originally posted by captain america and billy

Despite all his onstage falmboyances,Jagger as seen in interviews is indeed VERY down to earth in terms of personal perspective.Some might even say he has been earth-IE.

Mick has mellowed a lot over the last several years and seems to have a much more relaxed demeanor & outlook..

captain america and billy Posted - 01/07/2011 : 15:21:00
Joe Morris Posted - 01/07/2011 : 03:37:10
I need a love
to keep me happy!
lemonade kid Posted - 30/06/2011 : 15:30:47
It seems the difference between the Glitter Twins is...

Keef takes his music seriously, but not himself so much...always seems to be a twinkle in Keef's eye and a laugh on his lips. For Keef it's always about getting down to his roots...rock & blues, and having fun doing it.

Mick takes his music & the music biz seriously, but also maybe Mick takes himself & his fame a bit too seriously. Less time in front of looking glasses & maybe more self-reflection, and a laugh at himself a bit more. After all, one must be careful to not become too much of a caricature of oneself when you are bigger than life!

At least Mick finally realized he isn't "Jagger" WITHOUT the Stones AND especially without Keef!

rocker Posted - 29/06/2011 : 13:58:07
I like when hes tearing into Mick and his solo career, thats a lot of fun!

Yeah, I think Mick p**ses him off no end. He loves to get those digs in.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page