Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Re Forever Changes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Joe Morris Posted - 19/01/2010 : 20:35:33
so how often do people on this board listen to this album anyway?

I haven't listened to it for MONTHS, which feels very long, except I've been listening to said album for over 20 years (!)

I don't think I could ever tire of it, personally.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joe Morris Posted - 24/01/2010 : 03:07:39
most of interest will be the Elektra years

lemonade kid Posted - 23/01/2010 : 15:00:05
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

I think the post Elektra years will be cursorily covered, with the main focus on Love, da capo & Forever Changes (the fans favorite!)

and can anyone tell me what a ten minute drum solo is doing in the middle of "Doggone"?

very cool if Echols does an album to follow up Changes (or continue it - Gethesemene seems to have come out of the original group thinking the album would be a double album; thus Forever Changes is actually unfinished..

with Top of the Pops footage of the early Pink Floyd turning up, I think its time for Gethsemene!

Ya, I prefer the "edited" version on the Studio/Live CD.
No drum solo!

The book (if like the others) will cover the Elektra years and any important
highs and lows....see the Chapters descriptions.

Joe Morris Posted - 23/01/2010 : 04:45:40
I think the post Elektra years will be cursorily covered, with the main focus on Love, da capo & Forever Changes (the fans favorite!)

and can anyone tell me what a ten minute drum solo is doing in the middle of "Doggone"?

very cool if Echols does an album to follow up Changes (or continue it - Gethesemene seems to have come out of the original group thinking the album would be a double album; thus Forever Changes is actually unfinished..

with Top of the Pops footage of the early Pink Floyd turning up, I think its time for Gethsemene!

lemonade kid Posted - 22/01/2010 : 15:10:20
Einarson's new book is called Forever Changes, so I think you will get your share of FC talk there to satisfy you, Joe !

lemonade kid Posted - 22/01/2010 : 15:08:30
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

you know what would be great, if this guy doing the new book on the group, he ACCIDENTALLY gives a miss to Forever Changes

just kind of mentions it in passing, "oh, and then they did their last album for Elektra, recorded a final single, blah blah blah"

You'd think he was BRAINDAMAGED not talking about the album, or bringing it up, or not mentioning it in the discography!

What new book, Joe?

rocker Posted - 22/01/2010 : 14:44:07
I have the feeling though that you might get the opportunity to know a bit about it from this new book. I can't see why there wouldn't be a look at it. Maybe not to the extent you want but something in any case.
ThomasGalasso Posted - 22/01/2010 : 07:17:02
Hah!

I would like to see someone write an in depth story about the post Elektra years. I find that whole era fascinating. Especially since people act as if it didn't happen.
gatemouthmoore Posted - 22/01/2010 : 05:28:07
Calm down Joe, have a cup of tea, it will be ok.

GMM
lemonade kid Posted - 22/01/2010 : 04:17:19
I always listen from start to finish. A friend is the same about it.
He says-"From the start ONLY,if someone should make the mistake
of placing side 2 on the TT first!"

Joe Morris Posted - 22/01/2010 : 04:15:27
you know what would be great, if this guy doing the new book on the group, he ACCIDENTALLY gives a miss to Forever Changes

just kind of mentions it in passing, "oh, and then they did their last album for Elektra, recorded a final single, blah blah blah"

You'd think he was BRAINDAMAGED not talking about the album, or bringing it up, or not mentioning it in the discography!
bob f. Posted - 22/01/2010 : 03:34:26
The album transports me back to 1967 where me and friends gathered and tripped out and discussed the lyrics. To me , "Forever Changes" is a time machine. WE knew it was special in 1967. It was OUR album of choice. In OUR home-town! It was also loved in England, and other countries, too . It was a very underground radio hit, yet to be discovered by the less adventurist psychrockers. The Seeds, Turtles, Byrds, Leaves, Doors, were all getting air-play on KRLA, KHJ, KFWB, along with LOVE's earlier stuff here in L.A. But when Forever Changes came out, it flipped us out, and I guess the radio format world, too. I was loving the Beatles and Buffalo Springfield and the Kinks , and when Forever Changes came.....yikes! there was a whole new vibe!
and lyrics were important again to me, as far as skratching my head!
me and my friends were staying up all night in 1967 listening to "You set the scene"(ok....yes there were better things to do, but I confess!), and discussing it.
The album is special to me , and still is magical, moving, and GOOD.

...what the world needs now...
jayson_valentine Posted - 22/01/2010 : 02:10:35
I at least listen to one song off the album a day. I listen to the whole thing from time to time, usually when going to bed.
markk Posted - 22/01/2010 : 01:34:43
I listen mostly to Love Story, just for variety. Lately its been Willow Willow, I'll Pray For you and Always See your Face.
Always nice.
lemonade kid Posted - 21/01/2010 : 16:47:04
Same as you. rocker....so-so at first listen, but it kept me
coming back.
It goes as deep in me as any album ever has...and still does....on
so many levels. and there is still something new each time,
because each day there is something new in my life. it is
THE soundtrack, rocker.

And of course, it's the music, Joe.

Joe Morris Posted - 21/01/2010 : 15:40:52
really really good songs

all together now: