Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Arthur's word play....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 13/11/2009 : 18:11:32
I enjoy Arthur's love of word play in his lyrics. What are your favorites?

"Between Clark and Hilldale..." of course, but I love the word play on "Love Is More Than Words or Better Late Than Never". Or any that have the lyrical content that just gets you right there (whatever part of the anatomy that may be)?!!

I don't know of many artists who name their songs without any reference to the title in the lyrics. Arthur loved to make us think!!
I can imagine him smiling, anticipating the listener hearing his newest song for the first time....Arthur loved his fans.

What are some of your faves ALL?!!

Joe Morris Posted - 02/12/2009 : 17:42:51
nah, by 5pm everyones probably at the Ormond Hotel for the Sirens episode!
rocker Posted - 02/12/2009 : 16:13:34
heh heh you know I've been thinking if anyone plans to go around Dublin could you do it today in the time it took for Bloomy??? I eman the traffic is incredible.....Start at 8? Maybe start at 5 now???
Joe Morris Posted - 02/12/2009 : 01:22:53
Nah - the book starts at 8!

the reconciliation of the father (Bloom) with the son (Stephen)

A day in the life..
rocker Posted - 01/12/2009 : 22:20:27
thx..Sandymount Strand's for me...10am!..

Joe Morris Posted - 01/12/2009 : 17:25:50
the Martello tower from "Telemachus" at least is still there

last I heard it was a Joyce museum!

I guess everyones gonna be crossing Sandymount strand at about 10am, unless they're going Bloom's route!
rocker Posted - 01/12/2009 : 17:15:39
You know I've been thinking if I make it to Dublin I'm going to try to check out the places that are mentioned in Ulysses. I'm sure some are still there.
Joe Morris Posted - 25/11/2009 : 16:09:57
his short stories are alright. I passed out several times finishing Ulysses though
rocker Posted - 25/11/2009 : 14:43:09
thx for that...I notice that all those readings are also done with Ulysses too. Guess that free-form works when it's done out loud! No, I haven't read it. I can't. I just dip in his stuff to pick out how he uses language. Joyce is a unique Irishman and I felt bad he left his country! i think he had "issues!"
Joe Morris Posted - 25/11/2009 : 00:24:02
have you read the Wake?

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/09/man_completes_public_reading_o.php

they should do a film! have HCE being a big menacing guy threatening the Elves during the First Age, siding with Melkor!
rocker Posted - 24/11/2009 : 18:53:28
ok joe soon you'll be coming to this.....
"Gaunt grey ghostly gossips growing grubber in the glow"....
Joe Morris Posted - 24/11/2009 : 00:44:00
did no one pick up on the Kinks reference!

you know whos a great reviewer - Christgau! him dissing John Denver as a simp is pretty priceless stuff!
caryne Posted - 23/11/2009 : 15:56:37
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

quote:
Originally posted by rocker

lk..."reviews.....the good with the bad"...

Yes, good idea. But I'd say most of you here will not let the review dictate how you view the group or songs etc. For me, a good review is one that kind of tells me something that maybe I don't know already know, ie. what they say should open your eyes a bit after gushing or dissing whatever they're reviewing!

THAT's what I mean, rocker! A review that has something informative to say, not just a diss....

If a 'review' is just a 'diss' than it's not a review at all! I can't say I read many that are just a 'diss' though, most music journalists, even if I disagree with what they say, are a little more than that. Guess I just don't hate reviewers as much as you, lk?
lemonade kid Posted - 23/11/2009 : 15:50:51
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

Yes, good idea. But I'd say most of you here will not let the review dictate how you view the group or songs etc. For me, a good review is one that kind of tells me something that maybe I don't know already know, ie. what they say should open your eyes a bit after gushing or dissing whatever they're reviewing!

THAT's what I mean, rocker! A review that has something informative to say, not just a diss....

rocker Posted - 23/11/2009 : 14:47:27

Joe Morris Posted - 22/11/2009 : 15:29:41
"on Animal farm...
my animal home..."

all together now!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page