Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 The future of this board

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 19/10/2009 : 17:37:42
In the last few weeks there has been a lot of ”bad vibes”, pain and trouble on the board, especially the topic “Arthur's Confidence”. It’s quite a pity that all this upset many people and make them stay away from the board.

Most of the posting here are positive and do give a lot of good insight, but a few ones are spoiling it

I have been thinking about what I could do and the easiest would be simply to close the board.
But my passion is to keep the music and memory of Love alive, so for the moment it will continue, but I might concider a “harder line” and a censorship on the topics.
All this would take a lot of time from my side, so getting one or two moderators to help me could be a possibility.

It would be great if Johnny Echols would post here to tell about his musical life rather then having to clear out false allegations.

I want facts and no lies or speculations.
So from now on if you don’t have any good things to talk about – stay away.

I want this board to be positive and friendly, after all it’s about Love
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
caryne Posted - 11/11/2009 : 09:05:28
ZFarrar, no posts have been deleted and no one has been banned. End of story.
ZFarrar Posted - 11/11/2009 : 07:02:26
So I missed all the excitement? I don't understand what the controversy is all about.
Where are the posts? Or have they been banned? I respect Mr Scott, it's his board but
why the hub-bub? I've mixed it up with the best of them here when I wasn't fighting and
dying for my country.
Joe Morris Posted - 03/11/2009 : 03:10:31
Good old Jim!!

(Why this is so simple a four-year-old child could understand it! Rush out and get me a four-year-old child - I can't make head or tail of it.)
jim Posted - 02/11/2009 : 19:59:02
Hi All

I remember the chat days! great times!

Am still about from time to time,due to the amount of travelling i do its difficult to spend much time in front of a PC so apologies

Love to all thos that remember/know me

Kind wishes Jim.
rocker Posted - 26/10/2009 : 16:17:47
heh heh..and with that all of a sudden I'm hearing the opening riffs of 'Gimme Shelter'....and the lyrics of ...."to everything turn turn turn"...
John9 Posted - 26/10/2009 : 16:02:12
Dust-up? Surely not....... not on this board....we're all such friends here!
caryne Posted - 26/10/2009 : 14:30:52
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

After a week away, I've come back to the board and see another 'dust-up' has happened. You know I've enjoyed this board very much and appreciate Torben's time setting all this up. I'd hope that respect ,consideration and interest that evidently goes on here continues. A board is only as viable as the people that are here and I'd think Torben really shouldn't be worried.

Hope you had a good time away. I think the 'dust up', as you put it, has been sorted now
rocker Posted - 26/10/2009 : 14:05:10
After a week away, I've come back to the board and see another 'dust-up' has happened. You know I've enjoyed this board very much and appreciate Torben's time setting all this up. I'd hope that respect ,consideration and interest that evidently goes on here continues. A board is only as viable as the people that are here and I'd think Torben really shouldn't be worried.
lemonade kid Posted - 25/10/2009 : 19:47:34
quote:
Originally posted by Dukie

I check in on a regular basis as well, but I do not seem to have a great deal of spare time these days....

Hey, Dukie...I have a couple new/old bits of music to send...please send me your addy..I lost it!

Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.
--william saroyan
smarttim Posted - 25/10/2009 : 14:43:08

Hi Dukie

I hope that you are well - the link is a video of Joe playing a bit of Neil Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaPf2uX0en8

As too the future of this board I think that some people need to mind their "Ps and Qs"!

Love Tim and Joe
Dukie Posted - 25/10/2009 : 12:26:06
I check in on a regular basis as well, but I do not seem to have a great deal of spare time these days....
caryne Posted - 25/10/2009 : 10:49:13
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

quote:
Originally posted by John9

We've also lost more recent friends along the way, of course. I wonder whether Ed The Bear still looks in.......it would be great to hear from him again. I suppose that people leave and people join according to the demands of 'real life'.....the lyrics of Arthur Lee's Time is Like a River come to mind here.

Right...Ed The Bear, good to hear from LeeRob...but i'm afraid we've lost such fine members as SignedRW for good.

--william saroyan

People come and go on all forums for all sorts of reasons, I didn't post here, or on any forum, for over a year a while back as I had lots of stuff happening in my life that just meant I didn't have the motivation to post. Just because someone has gone for a long time doesn't mean they will never come back or that they are 'fed up' with the forum, life just gets in the way sometimes.
lemonade kid Posted - 25/10/2009 : 05:26:44
quote:
Originally posted by John9

We've also lost more recent friends along the way, of course. I wonder whether Ed The Bear still looks in.......it would be great to hear from him again. I suppose that people leave and people join according to the demands of 'real life'.....the lyrics of Arthur Lee's Time is Like a River come to mind here.

Right...Ed The Bear, good to hear from LeeRob...but i'm afraid we've lost such fine members as SignedRW for good.

--william saroyan
John9 Posted - 24/10/2009 : 18:54:13
Allan Posted - 24/10/2009 : 18:13:11
Gill, Tina, and Caryne

Miss you all very much. Chat time with with you and everyone else back then was lots of fun

Somehow, I obviously would LOVE to revitalize chat. Torben's already chimed in... it's do-able.

Would like to hear from some more members here on this.

Aake-where are you?

Allan

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page