Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 KRLA Beat Article

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scully Posted - 31/08/2009 : 11:02:25
Apologies if this has been posted before -- I've heard of this article many times, but never actually read it -- it's the one that kind of cemented Love's reputation for generally not playing the music biz games... Nice site as well. loads of stuff on there.

It's a pdf scan so takes a few mins to download, Love article is on page 7 -- 'Is Love Lost' by Rochelle Reed.

http://krlabeat.sakionline.net/issue/9july66.pdf
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bob f. Posted - 03/09/2009 : 23:52:38
KRLA hosted The Beatles concert at Dodger Stadium 1966! yay KRLA!

...what the world needs now...
caryne Posted - 31/08/2009 : 15:58:18
quote:
Originally posted by Tina

That's a great magazine - and if you look at the chart at the back, Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band is in the top 40!

They come across as immature and quite likely stoned rather than deliberately obstructive in the article. They were so young at the time, between 19 and 21. My feeling is that they would have really benefitted from a good manager - I was just listening to a programme on the radio about the Beatles with actual interviews from the 60s, and there were comments about how hard Brian Epstein made them all work.

Yes, it's true what you say Tina, they did need a good manager but would Arthur ever have had anyone telling him what to do? The late, great, Gene, was wonderful but Arthur even got rid of him.
Tina Posted - 31/08/2009 : 14:25:00
That's a great magazine - and if you look at the chart at the back, Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band is in the top 40!

They come across as immature and quite likely stoned rather than deliberately obstructive in the article. They were so young at the time, between 19 and 21. My feeling is that they would have really benefitted from a good manager - I was just listening to a programme on the radio about the Beatles with actual interviews from the 60s, and there were comments about how hard Brian Epstein made them all work.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page