New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scully
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  11:02:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apologies if this has been posted before -- I've heard of this article many times, but never actually read it -- it's the one that kind of cemented Love's reputation for generally not playing the music biz games... Nice site as well. loads of stuff on there.

It's a pdf scan so takes a few mins to download, Love article is on page 7 -- 'Is Love Lost' by Rochelle Reed.

http://krlabeat.sakionline.net/issue/9july66.pdf

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  14:25:00  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's a great magazine - and if you look at the chart at the back, Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band is in the top 40!

They come across as immature and quite likely stoned rather than deliberately obstructive in the article. They were so young at the time, between 19 and 21. My feeling is that they would have really benefitted from a good manager - I was just listening to a programme on the radio about the Beatles with actual interviews from the 60s, and there were comments about how hard Brian Epstein made them all work.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  15:58:18  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tina

That's a great magazine - and if you look at the chart at the back, Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band is in the top 40!

They come across as immature and quite likely stoned rather than deliberately obstructive in the article. They were so young at the time, between 19 and 21. My feeling is that they would have really benefitted from a good manager - I was just listening to a programme on the radio about the Beatles with actual interviews from the 60s, and there were comments about how hard Brian Epstein made them all work.

Yes, it's true what you say Tina, they did need a good manager but would Arthur ever have had anyone telling him what to do? The late, great, Gene, was wonderful but Arthur even got rid of him.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  23:52:38  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
KRLA hosted The Beatles concert at Dodger Stadium 1966! yay KRLA!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page