Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 A Cross Current From Early '67

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 05/09/2007 : 20:01:23
I have today received the box set 'Crazy Diamond' which contains virtually all the solo recordings of Syd Barrett - the doomed (and now late) visionary who was once the guiding genius in Pink Floyd. The accompanying book relates how poor Syd actually wore out his copy of the first Love album - it also tells of someone humming a Love song to him although nobody present could remember its title. Syd began playing the theme on his guitar - and then, apparently transformed it into the riff for 'Interstellar Overdrive'. I have just played once again that early Floyd piece and I can only think that the Love song in question must have been 'Revelation' - though I would be more than willing to take a view on that!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZFarrar Posted - 23/09/2007 : 07:42:40
Arthur Lee of course had a huge influence on Pink FLoyd & The Rolling Stones, listen to Beggars Banquet. That was a very brief window when the band was at it's height. Whatever happened to Arthur after 1968, clearly he never regained the creative spark.
John9 Posted - 05/09/2007 : 22:18:31
astrolobe33 - many thanks for that... you've put my mind at rest!

cheers, John
astrolobe33 Posted - 05/09/2007 : 21:10:17
quote:
Originally posted by John9

I have today received the box set 'Crazy Diamond' which contains virtually all the solo recordings of Syd Barrett - the doomed (and now late) visionary who was once the guiding genius in Pink Floyd. The accompanying book relates how poor Syd actually wore out his copy of the first Love album - it also tells of someone humming a Love song to him although nobody present could remember its title. Syd began playing the theme on his guitar - and then, apparently transformed it into the riff for 'Interstellar Overdrive'. I have just played once again that early Floyd piece and I can only think that the Love song in question must have been 'Revelation' - though I would be more than willing to take a view on that!

Supposedly it's "Little Red Book" the person tried to hum to Syd...
The driving rhythm, the descending chord pattern, I could see it after I thought about it some. At first I thought "no way!"

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page