Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 The Tracks of Richard Hawley's years

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tina Posted - 28/08/2007 : 20:56:38
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/bruce/tracks/index.shtml?thisweek

Just caught the end of Alone Again Or on the car radio when I was driving around today - and then heard Richard Hawley waxing lyrical about Forever Changes. Nice choice of tracks generally - I always rated the guy.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rocker Posted - 05/09/2007 : 22:10:30
...and I can see he had a rough time here...touring can kill a guy....really I hope he's done with the drugs but I can understand having a pint you know?......
rocker Posted - 05/09/2007 : 22:02:28
cool...enjoy..enjoy!...
Tina Posted - 05/09/2007 : 21:32:35
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hawley

I think he's already been and didn't like it much - he's a Sheffield lad through and through.

Past collaborator Jarvis Cocker is of course one of the guest vocalists for the London Sinfonietta / Baby Lemonade "Sgt Pepper" project - which is going to be brilliant!! Milano here we come...
rocker Posted - 05/09/2007 : 20:20:53
yes,it's on my list!... and I do have 'Lady's Bridge' on order..there's another one too..'Late Night Final' that I'll probably get...I'll say Rich puts the "croon" in crooner and his guitar work works like an embellishment!..They guy's a cool craftsman! And I think Richard should make a side-trip here..his standard of livng will go up you know?.......

Tina Posted - 05/09/2007 : 19:56:53
http://www.amazon.com/Coles-Corner-Richard-Hawley/dp/B000AA4LN2

I listen to this album quite a lot - lovely! Read the comments!!
rocker Posted - 05/09/2007 : 14:24:46
just an fyi..I've been hunting for Richard's stuff here and I think I'm going to have to hunt on the Net. I did manage to wrangle a copy of "Lowedges". I think people are missing something around here if you ask me...he's unknown and I've made a discovery..thx...
Tina Posted - 29/08/2007 : 08:02:37
Glad to be of service Rocker.
rocker Posted - 28/08/2007 : 22:15:45
You know the nice thing about this place is that i get a chance to learn about some new music and singers. Mr. Hawley is supposed to be a Sheffield UK guy so I guess that's why I never heard of him over here. I guess he's a local boy? Anyway, I listened to some of his clips and hey he's got some real good songs there...seems he likes his ballads! Nice to know he's onto FC...

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page