Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Worst Arthur Lee/Love Covers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
otis robb Posted - 12/10/2004 : 03:02:42
Without further explanation(s)
UFO's- AndAloneAgain (Michael Schenker wrecks the song with horrendous guitar playing)
Ramones-7&7 is. (Well 3 down down, John Cummings, Douglas Colvin, and Joey Whatshisname and one to go. Marky eschews drugs though)
Billy Bragg-Same Song. Too hysterical of a version even in humour is quite tired. Needs to do some old Tom Robinson covers!!!

That's it for now!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BobbyFischer Posted - 22/10/2004 : 17:27:13
Is that the techno/dance inspired rape?I downloaded a version of it years ago that was absolutely horrible,i dont remember the name of these musical criminals unfortunally but Im sure Arthur would have sued them if he had written it.Needless to say I deleted it at once I gained concious again after the traumatic shock experience.
johnbhoy Posted - 19/10/2004 : 17:46:17
Anyone who has ever had the misfortune of hearing Alone Again Or by The Oblivians from the aptly-entitled Best Of The Worst album will realise there can only be one winner of the Worst Ever Love Cover Version - it is truly awful.

KOS

Lisbon 1967
otis robb Posted - 12/10/2004 : 20:24:21
Well the fannies take a beating. Masterpieces, Micheal Schenker detroys anything his little fingers get ahold of on his wire and wood!
As for the Dammned. Really? And the Ramones. Its likes saying Johnny Ramone is the ONE who discovered the MOSRITE guitar!
Scottishkeith Posted - 12/10/2004 : 10:59:56
Bobby couldn't agree more.

I'm a huge Teenage Fanclub and have to agree that their version of between Clark and Hilldale is one of the worst ever. It's as if the vocals are a recorded at 33 rpm and the song is 45 rpm. It also sounds like the vocals are put through one of those gizmos that disguise the voice.

The thing is I know that TFC are huge Love fans so why they would do such a bad version puzzles me.

Did you know Mike Randle did a recording of one of TFC's songs. It's on a Japanes released tribute to them . The song is called Planets.
gordo Posted - 12/10/2004 : 10:10:14
Rush - 7&7 is
24/7 Spyz - 7&7 is

actually just about every Love cover version I've ever heard has been crap, except The Damned's Alone Again Or and Brave New World's Signed DC(imagine the Animals doing it)
BobbyFischer Posted - 12/10/2004 : 07:49:08
Those covers are masterpieces compared to Teenage fanclubs destroying of "maybe the people would be the times".

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page