Love in the Airport
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phil Brauer
Third Love

90 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  03:44:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just blasted "She Comes in Colors"...the Siddhartha version, over the loudspeakers at the SFO airport, where I work...all of C-Concourse heard it....pretty funny.

Tiburon
Third Love

Canada
63 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  03:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are the man Phil i bet those dudes would be glad to hear that.

I have been to SFO and it is a major airpot, hell every airport is a major airport. What was peoples reactions to the music? I recently was in michigan and mick collins from the Dirtbombs mentioned them in the Jam Rag under there old name Velvet Audio. I like Siddhartha much better it sounds like an older group from the 60s but timesless like it could be any period.

cool i hope those dudes work out and give Love plenty of love when they make it.
Go to Top of Page

Phil Brauer
Third Love

90 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  09:11:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was actually a mistake on my part...didn't know the sound would project throughout the concourse...and then since there wasn't anything going on I just let it ride! People kind of looked around at first, they couldn't tell I was the one sending it out...and then they just went on about their business.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  10:16:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is great !

I really appreciate that kind of support, and they will too once I inform them. All of you on this message board have been very encouraging for us, and I am so thankful to be a part of this board that I don't know what to say other than thank you.

As for their name change. I know they will not be Velvet Audio much longer if they know what is good for them, regardless what their situation is. I am the one who choose that original name so it is actually my own Frankenstein's monster getting its revenge on me for creating it in the first place.

I think they may eventually go back with Siddhartha but it is really up to their lead singer who has assumed most of the agent/managerial duties of the operation. I feel that Siddhartha sounds like a group that would have been on ELEKTRA during the 1960's and would have been produced by a Paul Rothschild. It reminds me of Love in that it is a very ambiguous concept that does have a very spiritual meaning on one hand, but on the other is still very much something that can be interpreted many ways. It is timeless, and very classy.

I can say the same about The Doors as well ironically another ELEKTRA group. If you ever get a chance to see them live you will see glimpses of Jim Morrison and co. as well as the godfather of it all Arthur Lee and co. If you like check them out at www.myspace.com/velvetaudio1 and you can see pics and hear music, and send them a message. Ayinde is the man running the page so you can address everything to him. He visits this page and is still learning more about Love everyday.

-Thomas Galasso

Love, protection, and guidance for all.
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  22:17:54  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow those tracks on myspace are fantastic!

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  22:47:35  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
phil- that reminds me of a few months ago at the San Jose Airport, the p.a. music (80s new wave/ '90s top 40), was really irritating me, while i was a captive audience, waiting for my plane hours away! no matter where i went , i couldn't escape it. i finally asked a gate attendant if she could do something about the horrible "music", and she said , "no". i would have prefered no music over the torture i had to endure for 3 hours. music can be a weapon or a gift.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2006 :  03:50:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For anyone out there who cares, Velvet Audio-Siddhartha has been in the local press a lot lately. Marlon has been doing his duty in terms of continuously name checking Arthur Lee.

In my honest opinion I feel that AL's aura has been slipping into the young man a bit much lately to the point where I want him to fall asleep after a hard night of drinking and put relaxer on his facial hair and nod off only to wake up looking more insane than before.

If anyone wants to see live footage check out www.myspace.com/thomasgalasso and look toward the bottom of my page and their is some of the guys in action. By the way we all welcomed the second generation of Hauser into the world : Dashiell DuBois Hauser...he wanted to name the baby Arthur but it didn't ring.

-Thomas

(just kidding although I wouldn't be surprised if that went through his mind)
Go to Top of Page

Tiburon
Third Love

Canada
63 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2006 :  22:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw the footage. Marlon looks like he has a Jim morrison thing going on and a iggy pop thing to. the sound was not very good to me but i have heard them before on the myspace and they sounded good to me.

why are they called velvet Audio again ware they going to change back to siddhartha at all ? that would have been to funny if he named his baby Arthur Hauser.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2006 :  22:49:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well for Marlon to name his kid after Arthur would not surprise me at all. He has become obsessed with Lee, and is even moreso because he didn't know who he was for years. Marlon (like many Black youths into rock these days) drew a lot from Lenny Kravitz and Living Colour.

His earliest performances with his older bands were very Lenny-like in a good way. He would later get deep into The Doors and then when I would go insane finding out about the group I presented it to him. From there it was just a snowball effect. His current listening to my knowledge has been Da Capo and the debut album. For some reason all the local Detroit talk of late has been the whole Love comparison so......

We may be working on something kind of nice to honor Arthur but we have to iron some stuff out. Me and one of the guitars talked about it last night. I will keep you posted for those who may care.

-Thomas

Thanks for checking out the MySpace by the way. Phil you should just play all their stuff along with all the Love stuff you can get away with at SFO. Peace.
Go to Top of Page

Tiburon
Third Love

Canada
63 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2006 :  22:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But Thomas what about the name and stuff what is all that about? has the record found a label yet ?

I am dyineg to know because i love what I have heard and this for me and some of my pals could be our fix for the coming years given that Love is probably done in the way of new material.

Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2006 :  04:25:16  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would think that tourists arriving at SFO would appreciate a little "Summer of Love". Many of them are going to head to Haight-Ashbury for sightseeing. SFO is a perfect place to give them their first taste of local color. I can imagine stepping off the plane to the strains of "White Rabbit" courtesy of the San Francisco Tourism Board!
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2006 :  12:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to step off a plane in SF to white rabbit..that sounds very cool jazman.
thomas, who is the guy with the blond hair? he reminds me of one of the guys out of jefferson airplane, either jorma or paul
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2006 :  04:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The guy with the blonde hair is none other than Shane Oesterling, our 27 year old bass player.

Right now he is on a bit of a hiatus with the group, he just had a kid and has been going through some personal issues. We want to keep him with the group as he is a master technician but, right now he needs to straighten some stuff out.

He used to be somewhat big on the local indie scene in Detroit, and even once fronted a pretty popular band called Showshane. NPR had done some stuff on his old group.

As for the name change, well. I hung out with Marlon and Justin last night, and we began talking about an Arthur Lee tribute party. During those talks we discussed the name Siddhartha being a go. It will be Siddhartha again, but right now this lawyer insists on it being Velvet Audio, that is unless you guys are on MySpace, and want to send some support to keep the name Siddhartha as opposed to Velvet Audio (which none of us like).

-Thomas Galasso

It would be awesome to step out of SFO and hear nothing but the goodness of all the psych stuff, and even some good jazz. Everything good period.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page