LIVE LOVE RECORDINGS! FREE THE TAPES!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2005 :  02:41:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was browsing the recent entries on the Neil Young fansite 'Thrashers Wheat' - www.thrasherswheat.org - this evening, when I noted a report from the Wall Street Journal about the Bill Graham archive. Apparently he recorded the gigs at all the venues he owned and concerts and festivals he promoted throughout his career, and these tapes have been lovingly preserved - over 5000 of them! His huge archive of non- audio musical ephemera is now being marketed by Wolfgangs Vaults. I will rave about this marvellous resource separately .. www.wolfgangsvaults.com - suffice to say that I've found for sale posters from at least TWENTY Graham- promoted Love and Arthur concerts from 1966-74. Surely at least some of these were recorded, and, if so, the tapes still survive. One..two..three
.. FREE THE TAPES!! Merry Christmas!

Tiburon
Third Love

Canada
63 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2005 :  03:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everytime i go to Wolfgang's website there is nothing for Love.

They have the same recent stuff and the one handbill and matching tickets with the Native American dude on it.

Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2005 :  03:50:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's more. I've just re-checked. Sorry folks, the Wolfgangs link was wrong. Try this: www.wolfgangsvault.com - I've also raved more about this treasure trove's contents in 'General Discussions'. Buy,buy.Bye bye!

Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2005 :  04:06:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not so fast. Just found that the WSJ article, which is only three days old, and explains all, can be accesseed and read in full by clicking on a banner near the top left of the Wolfgangs homepage.

P.S. Yes, Freedom Man, there IS some Doors stuff too!
Go to Top of Page

torben
Fifth Love

Denmark
328 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2005 :  08:38:51  Show Profile  Visit torben's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's the direct link to Love:
http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/Catalog.aspx?PerformingArtistID=4260&aid=7165
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2005 :  16:58:35  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know MikeP, I have been visiting this website for a while now.They really have GREAT stuff!!
They arent' very fast with replies by the way......But that's another thing..

Cheers,
Ed

PS, If someone is interested in being the owner of the loveleetraders Yahoo group, someone made me the owner of this Yahoogroup, but I already have my website!!So when someone is interested please send me an email!

http://www.thefreedomman.com/
PRESS THE LINK!

Edited by - The Freedom Man on 20/12/2005 16:59:10
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2005 :  02:05:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even if news of the other contents of Graham's archive and their availabilty for sale is 'old hat', the process of identifying and cataloguing his audio archive is very much ongoing, and who knows what these unmarked boxes will reveal, not just possibly great live vintage Love material, but also that of many other artists that people on this board may hold dear. He promoted 35000 shuws. Tapes for 5000 remain. = 1:7. Love did over 20, so statistically perhaps three shows survive. Time will tell. Some of the audio archive has previously fallen into the hands of bootleggers, but a lot has not, and it will be soundboard origin. It seems that if artists and/or record companies do not wish to agree to commercial release of this material, themn it will still, if of any calibre, be aired via a Wolfgang's subscription based internet radio service after paying modest publishing/performance fees. One way or another we should be in for some treats.
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2005 :  04:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like all the 66-68 live rumours im sure this will lead to nothing.Call me pesimistic but ive heard this type of mark 11 story too many times!At best maybe some live filmore stuff from 69-70 will surface
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2005 :  05:01:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did i say mark 11? i meant mark 2
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: