New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

myoungish
Fifth Love

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  08:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since Plant has been praising Love and Arthur for 35 years now, isn't it time they finally tour on a double bill? Robert and his Strange Sensations and Arthur and his Memphis Mafia (or any worthy group he can get together.) They can swap songs...Robert singing A House is Not a Motel and Que Vida, and Arthur doing Going to California or Over the Hills and Far Away. (I'm kinda just trying to rile up the board here during this quiet period of hopeful transition.)

Michael Young

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  13:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Times reviewed Plant's current tour this week, gave the concert 4 stars including this quote:

A cover of Love’s Seven and Seven Is had Plant spinning in circles, with a leg aloft and headbutting the air,

If he toured with Arthur they could do a joint version!

Edited by - mikeb on 09/12/2005 13:06:54
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  15:38:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike and Mike (no-not the candy Mike and Ike )

I LOVE your wishful thinking...and I'm wishing right along with ya

Allan
Go to Top of Page

myoungish
Fifth Love

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  07:38:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aah, that would be one for the ages. I can totally see them singing together on the evocative, nostalgic Going to California...followed by some classic Lee/MacLean-style harmonizing on Alone Again Or. Whew.

Michael Young
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  13:38:48  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As far as I am aware Arthur and Robert Plant have met only once, when they were both on the bill at Canterbury Fayre in August 2003, when both Plant and Love gave brilliant performances.

As regards any future touring, its good to see we have some of the "glass half full" brigade here, but drawing on my observations of Arthur at relatively close quarters during his UK tours over the last few years, it just ain't gonna happen...

It would be good to hear some news from some of the folks who are still in contact with Arthur, but I was told by a reliable source that Arthur doesn't have anything to do with computers and certainly doesn't frequent the internet or use email, so any news we get here is only ever going to be second hand.

Don't want to seem like the prophet of doom here, but no news is not good news, its just no news. Transition maybe, but hopeful I think not - I wouldn't hold your breath.
Go to Top of Page

myoungish
Fifth Love

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  19:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, Tina, I think you're right. I'm actually an incurable cynic with brief lapses of wishful fantasy (especially after a hearty glass of red.)
According to Barney Hoskyns book, Plant actually gave Arthur the red carpet treatment way back in '75 at a Zeppelin show (at the L.A. Forum?) Anyway, Plant 's "keeper of the Love torch" has been priceless in converting new fans, etc..

Michael Young
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  21:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to chime in with Tina here. The most encouraging words we have gotten were "stranger things have happened" when JE has tried to offer the fans some hope...even if it's just a slight glimmer

It's been a difficult year for LOVE, so here's a prayer that 2006 brings everybody the reunion we patiently await. Where there's life, there's hope

Until then, happy holidays to all!!

LOVE and peace

Go to Top of Page

bigrubberglove
Fourth Love

188 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  00:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With Arthur never say never.

When he was in jail no one EVER could have foreseen his rebirth.

He may be done but don't make the mistake of writing him off.

He is a survivor.

Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  02:22:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The one good thing that Arthur has achieved this year has to leave L.A., and all that goes with it. What odds that had he not done so he would now no longer be with us? I'm sure that all who are left on this board would prefer an Arthur back with his family and roots. albeit silent, than the other outcome, however upset we have been by this years other events, which are bound to have lead to the odds being stacked against him on a professional, let alone musical, level. I hope that he is now on a stronger foundation to combat both, and also himself, the latter perhaps being the key to producing any material of worth in the future.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page