Da Capo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jamfan
First Love

2 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2005 :  07:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. I know AL's departure from the band has been a hot topic lately, but I thought I'd try to discuss something a little lighter for my first post, in this case the second album. What do you all think of it?

What do you think of Revelations? I know parts of it are meaningless but other aspects are awesome. It's got some cool moments.

Side One consists entirely of classic songs.

Thoughts?

admin
Forum Admin

Denmark
40 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2005 :  08:34:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Topic has been moved from "The Love Band" to "General Discussions About Arthur Lee and Love". This is the correct place for the topic.
Go to Top of Page

Judith
Third Love

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2005 :  11:06:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jamfan-think 2nd album is brilliant. Especially like The Castle and of course 7 & 7 is. Revelation, as you say, is awesome and loved hearing it played live for the first time recently! Good topic!
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2005 :  15:41:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yo Jassman,
I REALLY SEE da capo as 2 seperate peices of work.
One side of good ,tight songs and side 2 as a
psychedelic jam.
Ever sincei listened to REVALATIONS on a trip some years back i regard it as a really good side...especially the sax+ hon solo,s.
Whatever ..a great Psychedelic album.
LOVE......Allan
Go to Top of Page

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2005 :  21:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great album. I think side 1 is better than (just) either side of Forever Changes. Revelations is difficult to compare anything with or against. I love it though, shows the band's improvisational / jazzy side. Awesome.
Go to Top of Page

Arnstein
Fifth Love

Norway
340 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2005 :  22:57:28  Show Profile  Click to see Arnstein's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love Da Capo.

Some songs on Da Capo gives me memories on a kindergarten I was in, and when I was there I always had this autumn-feeling, and Da Capo gives me the same autumn-feeling!! :)
Go to Top of Page

Nanker
First Love

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2005 :  04:35:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Da Capo was the first album by Love that I bought, sometime in early 1967. I liked then and I like it now.I know revelation is a bit long and not well recieved and has a drum solo (which I do not like), but I still enjoy listening to it,esp the sax. Side one has is ... well perfect, every song is good.
Go to Top of Page

Loov
Second Love

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  04:25:04  Show Profile  Send Loov a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wonderful topic! THANK you jamfan. Da Capo is splendid and arguably as influential as any other Love record. (Anyone else notice Madonna shamelessly borrow from She Comes in Colors on that Beautiful Stranger song of hers?)

I understand what you say, Nanker, but I can truly value a time when people were so.....giving? present to the music? to appreciate drum solos, even the not so wonderful ones.

I haven't had access to Revelations in so many years, I'm afraid I've let most of it slip away.
After I lost my last record player in a 'divorce', I have only had the Love box set released in '95, which is not completely comprehensive. Still have my old LPs, though.

Glad you posted here with us, jamfan......

Loov
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page