Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
532 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2005 :  17:27:57  Show Profile
I remember this topic being discussed at around the time of the tour, but thought I'd ask again. Has anyone out there got any recordings from this last UK tour they'd be willing to trade? I have lots of love, psych and other stuff I could send in return.

I was approached by someone off the board about one recording, but their email address would not accept any incoming messages from me, so they probably think I'm no longer interested! . All this talk about the merits/demerits of having Arthur has got me wanting to relive the two shows I caught in Frome and Oxford - two of my fave Love shows to date.

Edited by - boombox on 23/08/2005 17:29:45

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2005 :  08:10:29  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage
Mike Randle played at my party a couple of weeks ago. He stunned everyone with his talent.

AS A PIANIST! First he played along on "Space Oddity". Then he led the room in a rousing sing-a-long of "Benny and the Jets". And then he blew my mind with a bebopping version of "Yardbird Suite" ! Who knew? I sure didn't and I've known Mike for ten years!

Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2005 :  08:52:07  Show Profile
I really enjoyed that last cd he put out a year or so ago. I play it alot. It reminds be of Friends-era Beach Boys music. He's got an interesting singing voice.
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
532 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2005 :  23:54:23  Show Profile
He signed my copy of Barstool Blues at Newport earlier this year - both his solo albums have been great, as was Rusty's, though they were hard to track down. But then regular posters here know I'm a big fan of the BL stuff too - I almost brought the merch table to a standstill in Oxford when I pulled out a BL album for the boys to sign.
Go to Top of Page

sometimesmylifeissoeerie
Fourth Love

196 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2005 :  20:53:08  Show Profile
Yeah, when I saw him live with AL at Town Hall in NYC, I knew there was more to him than just being able to play power chords and the pentatonic scale.
However, the music business is so ****ed up that Bird could come back to life and no one would know/care!
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
514 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  00:32:43  Show Profile
I never realised Rusty did a solo album. Just listened to three complete songs from it at
http://www.eggbert.com/rusty.html

And then went on and bought a 4.50 plus postage copy that was at amazon.co.uk

Still some cheap copies there and at amazon.com. More to my taste than the clips and songs from Mike's last album I sampled on the net awhile back.

Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
532 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  22:46:06  Show Profile
Strangely enough, I also preferred Isotopes (Rusty's album) on first listen, but Mike's was a grower. BB is more laid back though than My Music Hates You. What is great is that they each have their own identity and their solo works don't sound like BL - wish I could have seen Mike in London last(??) year with an acoustic.

What I'd really like to hear are some recordings available from this last UK Love tour. I managed to get two BL shows a while ago, but neither is great quality unfortunately: would dearly love to hear the High Life Suite played live - maybe the band will consider slipping in a few BL songs on the next tour.

Edited by - boombox on 27/09/2005 22:47:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page