New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pjkblue
First Love

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  04:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right. I guess I shouldn't have said that Jim Morrison was "a dull, insipid poet". He was even less than that. His literary efforts are juvenile and filled with pseudo-intellectual images. He sold-out, turned capitalist and grabbed the money faster than Bush went into Iraq. But with a brain that consisted of little more than oatmeal, what more can be expected. Compared to the overall musical talent of Arthur Lee, Jim Morrison falls far short in the ratings.

pjkblue

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  08:50:41  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That only proves that you don't know ANYTHING about the doors, which makes me feel better and I don't take your posts serious anymore.
Jim Morrison never did anything with in the back of his mind earning lots of money, I think you must have confused him with Ray Manzarek.
You do know that Jim died in 1971???You do know about the "pact" The Doors made?? No? Then buy some books and get your facts right!

And I am not saying anything about Arthur's talent, cause I have to agree with you on that.

http://www.thefreedomman.com
Go to Top of Page

HE SEES EVERYTHING
Second Love

Cayman Islands
32 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  23:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pjkblue

You're right. I guess I shouldn't have said that Jim Morrison was "a dull, insipid poet". He was even less than that. His literary efforts are juvenile and filled with pseudo-intellectual images. He sold-out, turned capitalist and grabbed the money faster than Bush went into Iraq. But with a brain that consisted of little more than oatmeal, what more can be expected. Compared to the overall musical talent of Arthur Lee, Jim Morrison falls far short in the ratings.

pjkblue

MESSING WITH THE FREEDOM MAN'S DOORS, ESPECIALLY JIM MORRISON, IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. HAD HE BEEN BORN A TAD EARLIER IN LIFE, HE MOST LIKELY WOULD HAVE BEEN THE 5TH DOOR. TO TAKE ON ED IN THIS ARENA, YOU MOST LIKELY HAVE ALREADY TRIED PULLING ON SUPERMAN'S CAPE, SPIT INTO THE WIND, AND DOUSED YOURSELF WITH GASOLINE PRIOR TO LIGHTING A MATCH TO SEE IF THE STRIKER WORKED.

HSE
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  08:38:17  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that, C!

Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  21:13:04  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
there is a great Doors Fan site at http://newdoorstalk.proboards43.com/ run by Fans for the Fans a load of us just met up in Paris a few weeks ago for Jim Morrisons anniversary

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  23:24:24  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know that site, I don't like the owner of it.

Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  02:12:33  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So the other day I'm walking through Santa Monica on my lunch hour on a beautiful summer afternoon. I'm in my usual work outfit - "straight" dark jacket with tie and dark "Matrix" sunglasses and a fresh short haircut looking just like "The Man".

Next to my on the street corner waiting for a light are three young tattooed and pierced lesbians with spiked hair and their arms around each other. The one in the middle is wearing a Jim Morrison T-shirt and she's heartily singing "Light My Fire".

So naturally I wait for a pause in her song, peer over my shades, look at her straight in the eyes with a serious look of authority, and then I start to sing "Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?"

After a startled pause, they all bust out laughing and then join me singing "Hello, I love you can I jump in your game?"

I love doing stuff like that, busting up people's preconceptions. You can't judge a book by its cover!
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  08:54:30  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jazmaan, YOU RULE.

Always expect the unexpected.......

Edited by - The Freedom Man on 05/08/2005 08:54:47
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  08:55:47  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Jazmaan, you are a man after my own heart!
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  05:36:35  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We Sagittarians think alike Tina!
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  10:41:43  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We'll have to get John E to do our horoscopes, Jazmaan!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page