the castle issue one.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dave
Second Love

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  01:04:55  Show Profile  Visit dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello all, this is the first time i've posted, so to those that know me: hello and to those that don't:............er, hello.

just a bit of a query: i've just bought issue one of the castle off ebay and i think it may be one of the photocopied reprints. has anyone got an original copy that they could describe for me (binding etc)

..what a boring first post!

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  01:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Binding is black plastic comb, 21 holes.

Front and back cover are card, the castle, the love logo and the lines above and below The love connection at the bottom are in red. 94 pages.
Go to Top of Page

dave
Second Love

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  01:44:01  Show Profile  Visit dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thought so, its a photocopy then. front is in colour but paper.
doesn't really matter but they could have said.

cheers though.

"oh the snot has caked against my pants.........it has turned into crystal"
Go to Top of Page

GoodHumourMan
Third Love

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  21:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm winding down the reading of pegasus carousel...in the chapter I just read, the band has just jumped a gig in Miami, heading back to California and they've been joined on board the 727 by American troops on their way to Vietnam. They expect the soldiers to be hard ass, but instead they are sociable.

The book has been nothing like what I expected; how drugs, egos and fights over women destroyed a band that should have been one of the biggest from the 60s. As I have been reading, I keep telling myself, things are going to heat up and also asking myself, why is Michael bothering us with these ridiculous stories. Who cares about shooting that barking dog in the ass, insulting the stage hand who knew all the Love songs and the crazy neighbor who beat up Ray Manzarek.

But then it all hit me, Love didn't self destruct because of the typical things...they destroyed themselves because they were assholes. They put themselves on the pedestal and didn't care who they pissed off. Yes, rock'n'roll is a business, but a rock band has to put that aside when it comes to loyalty to fans. Love, led by Arthur Lee, didn't do that.

Ditching Miami becaues they didn't get top billing after being promised top billing was inexcusable. Was Love legally in the right? Yes. But to the fans who had tickets, who cares? All Love did was turned those fans into Doors' fans.

The episode where Arthur insulted the fan who had a fantasy of playing in Love. That was just plain ****. Then there was a half hour set when they should have played an hour. Then Love wondered why Canned Heat was playing longer than they were paid for.

That gig where they were paid well, but found out under 21s weren't being allowed in and the under 21s were picketing outside: Well, that is a gig Love should have canned. They should have refused in support of their loyal fans just as a group touring South Africa in the old days may have refused to go on in the audiences were segregated.

That lecture from the record company guy about showing up and not being rude to people....The band just didn't get the point.....They just figured the Love talent was enough, why be nice and considerate of fans.

Now, I'm starting to think why Arthur wasn't on the UK tour.

Guys, you have created your own destiny. Don't blame the record companies, radio stations and most important, the fans. You all need to read a good book about Vince Lombardi to understand that success is an end product of hard work, sacrifice and dedication.

It has just been a great book of understanding the importance of having good interpersonal relations and the damage from not having those skills.

DanGerMan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page