1 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2005 :  17:49:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just spotted this, is it rare?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4748468303

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2005 :  17:59:35  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by icecreamcone

Just spotted this, is it rare?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4748468303

Just spotted it or selling it?
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2005 :  08:52:32  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have thhis CD.To be honest I HATE it.It's realy not a tribute to LOVE, more like how LOVE songs shouldn't be played, except for one or two.I mentioned it to Mike once and he tolded me he didn't like it either.
I'd say Thumbs Down!

Cheers,
Ed

http://www.thefreedomman.com
Go to Top of Page

Phil Hobbs
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2005 :  18:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On a similar note, I have a CD called Unloved Again, Tribute to Forever Changes featuring various cover versions of all the FC songs (issued by a Spanish label). I paid £5 for it and I was robbed. It is absolute rubbish. I only played it once and some of the versions were so awful (Old Man in particular) that I couldn't bear to hear them all through. Just to be sure, I've just flicked through the tracks again and they are as bad as I remembered. It should have been called Insult to Forever Changes! Steer well clear if you see it.
Go to Top of Page

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2005 :  18:36:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most Love fans don't like it, but overall I think it's pretty cool. Most songs are very different from the original - it's interesting to hear different approaches to Arthur's tunes.

Of course, the original songs, and the live interpretations by the current band, are superior.
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2005 :  20:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of covers, anyone else have the Electric Prunes' Artifact CD? There is a cover of Seven & Seven IS - much slower, but interesting. (Shameless plug alert: you can hear a live version of it on a show I just seeded on dimeadozen!!)
Go to Top of Page

Bazza
First Love

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2005 :  22:07:44  Show Profile  Visit Bazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not keen on that tribute album either. But I do like the Love tribute "Sixties Rebellion volume 8: Mondo Mutiny #1 The Love" which came out a few years ago.

Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2005 :  23:30:45  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bazza

I'm not keen on that tribute album either. But I do like the Love tribute "Sixties Rebellion volume 8: Mondo Mutiny #1 The Love" which came out a few years ago.

I've got all the above tribute albums but have to admit, as Bazza says, the only one worth bothering with is the 'Mondo Mutiny' one
Go to Top of Page

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2005 :  23:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES - the Electric Prunes' cover of 7&7 Is is terrific IMO! Perfect example of a really interesting reinterpretation of a great original.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page