New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phil Hobbs
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2023 :  12:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news! They are back for another UK tour in 2024, 19 gigs including a couple of festivals and a 20th anniversary concert at Shepherds Bush Empire performing Forever Changes in its entirety with the Stockholm Strings and Horns. Link to dates, venues and tickets here: https://linktr.ee/lovewithjohnnyechols2024?fbclid=IwAR0ygK4QoA3Oze36pS6DCDSI_WIA_-gSwURflaprYad6RZT5Ta37BFKhObo.

"LOVE with Johnny Echols marks their annual trek across the pond to the UK with two festival appearances performing classic tracks from the albums Love, Da Capo, Four Sail, and of course Forever Changes as well as some special deep cuts. LOVE will also perform a special 20th anniversary concert returning to Shepherd’s Bush Empire where they reunite with the STOCKHOLM STRINGS & HORNS to perform Forever Changes in its entirety.

Following their farewell tour in 2019 the band hadn’t anticipated a return, but in 2022 and 2023 the band did just that, as founding member and guitarist Johnny Echols explained, “the unprecedented times in which we found ourselves made us realise more than ever that what the world needs now is LOVE. How could we turn down the opportunity to come back and do it again? We have missed playing for our fans in the UK whom we dearly love.”

In what has now turned into an annual UK tour, Love is set to return in summer 2024. Johnny Echols: “I so look forward to our trips across the pond and performing LOVE's extraordinary music for our friends in the UK. We will, of course, be performing much of Forever Changes, as well as favourites from our extensive catalogue... as well as a few surprises. Don't miss the LOVE-Boat!”

Joining Johnny Echols on stage is Baby Lemonade who from 1993 until Arthur’s death in 2006 performed as his band and became an essential part of the renaissance of LOVE’s music. This iteration of LOVE saw many sold-out tours, as well as back-to-back Glastonbury performances and an appearance on Later with Jools Holland.

LOVE is: Johnny Echols: Guitar/Vocals, Rusty Squeezebox: Lead Vocals/Guitar, Mike Randle: Guitar/Vocals, David “Daddyo” Green: Drums, James Nolte: Bass"

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2023 :  12:58:15  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Such great news!

Already got my ticket for London Shepherd's Bush and Bristol. Will most probably go to Cardiff too.

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2023 :  16:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW! Lucky Brits! You all keep the LoVE going on and on!

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2024 :  16:46:39  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not long now until the guys reach our shores again in the UK.

I wonder if there will be any official recording of the London gig with the horns and strings?

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3489 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2024 :  19:48:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad to see that Wonder People (I Do Wonder) has been played live of late
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2024 :  21:21:39  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Doing Bristol and Cardiff this year

'If You Have Ghosts' 'Then You Have Everything'
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2024 :  18:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve64

Doing Bristol and Cardiff this year

Need I say "lucky Brits" one more time?!! OK...

LUCKY BRITS!

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2024 :  11:28:53  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What a wonderful tour and it was really great to meet some regular posters on this board!

Caught up with Dukie, Steve64 and Boombox in Cardiff and Dukie, Tina W and Chris Barnett in London.

Looks like the guys plan to return again next year according to Johnny's facebook post yesterday :-)

----------------------
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2024 :  16:20:41  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This year I went to Bristol and Cardiff, good to see a few people from this board Dukie, Caryne, Phil Hobbs and Kula John, Videos from Bristol and Cardiff 2024 are on You Tube Playlist here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRKTdYQ3Qw&list=PLRMUX4j5z2wd9qVD9D1qL-U6Hc-blF8sW along with Videos from 2016 2019 2022 and 2023

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page