Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9864 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2022 :  20:57:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is great news!... from Sons Of Adam and
LoVE drummer, Michael Stuart -Ware!

High Moon Records is releasing a retrospective of The Sons of Adam soon. A CD of live performances at The Avalon around 1966, and a few of our recorded efforts.

Includes a booklet with pics and interviews. It was such a great band. Instrumentally and vocally we were on par with a lot of the bands coming out of England during the British Invasion (not The Beatles). BUT, when it came time to write our own music (like the other guys) that was the end of the road. No could do.

When I first saw The Fender Four playing at The Mirage, it was absolute magic. The place was packed with admiring fans and the scene was bedlam. They were outrageous so I joined up. Then Hollywood and Gazzarri's and The Whisky and then on up to San Francisco, and Fillmore and Winterland and Avalon. Then suddenly one night we found ourselves playing a small uncrowded club somewhere in central California called The Losers North and that was that. So sad that we fell apart before we could do better.
Take care buddy. Stay warm by the fire. Michael

It has as yet not been posted at High Moon Records web page...can't wait!

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9864 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2022 :  22:53:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This great email from Michael the other day...

That Sons of Adam release from High Moon is finally taking place. They did a beautiful job putting together the CD and LP combo package. All the info is on the High Moon website highmoonrecords.com/shop/sons-of-adam. A lot of live stuff from the Avalon Ballroom in SF and some recordings.

Just think, I only went 55 years between record releases. That's because I like to take my time and do things right and not get in a hurry and mess things all up. "Slow and steady" is my motto. Maybe in another 55 years, I'll come up with something else. :-)

Take care buddy, Michael

Michael (far right) and Sons Of Adam

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
753 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2022 :  12:06:35  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah great! I'll definitely be getting a copy of this.

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2022 :  22:59:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feathered Fish is a great Arthur Lee cover - on the original 45 theres a songwriting credit: Grassroots Music

so Arthur was savvy there with the publishing!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page