Happy Birthday Arthur
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
753 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2021 :  11:19:38  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We miss you

Listening to this on full blast now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sks2mjIIeZA

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....

LeeRob
Fifth Love

397 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  00:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When Arthur was near the end I trained and bused from Northern Cal to L.A. for the benefit at the Whiskey. The show was excellent, Johnny and Michael and Lemonade sent chills up my spine. I missed Arthur that night. I sent him a card with a small donation. I often wonder if he got it. I've been listening to LOVE all day. KJ I meant to be in touch. I will be.

It's all the same day.

Edited by - LeeRob on 09/09/2021 03:42:57
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9864 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2021 :  14:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys...for the LoVE

BTW...European method of posting dates always throws me and it takes me a bit of mental gymnastics to translate the date to "American". So now I get that 06/05/2021 is 6 May 2021...over here it would be 5/6/2021.

LoVE is on the TT and in the air!

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK

Edited by - lemonade kid on 06/05/2021 14:11:18
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
753 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2021 :  18:46:40  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeeRob

When Arthur was near the end I trained and bused from Northern Cal to L.A. for the benefit at the Whiskey. The show was excellent, Johnny and Michael and Lemonade sent chills up my spine. I missed Arthur that night. I sent him a card with a small donation. I often wonder if he got it. I've been listing to LOVE all day. KJ I meant to be in touch. I will be.

It's all the same day.

That would be great, LeeRob. I still regularly listen to the wonderful collection you sent me a good few years ago now. I hope Kula Shaker still make it onto your playlist every once in a while

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....
Go to Top of Page

LeeRob
Fifth Love

397 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2021 :  01:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello KJ, I do keep Kula shaker handy. It is not rare for "Govinda," to see me off to sleep. I haven't been to the board for awhile and I feel lost. I can't remember, for instance, if we used to just rap like this, kinda personal like. I want to be a good member. I recently watched Love Story again. Man it brought tears and chills. Music misses Arthur Lee's interpretation of what we can't perceive.

It's all the same day.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9864 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2021 :  12:21:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too, LR. I almost always get chills when hearing LoVE...especially when a song pops up unexpectedly in a TV ad or film.

That's what made this board special, LeeRob, all the rapping and chatting about our musical tastes and all the stuff that fills the soundtracks of our lives! I miss it. for some reason newer forum members at some forums feel it is out of line to deviate from the subject of the forum or thread.

From my way of thinking, all streams of thought and music should be, and are, welcome...that's what makes it interesting. Even healthy debates about music...all are welcome.

Hey, Kula John--I have and still listen to "K", "Pigs, Peasants & Astronomers", and "Pilgrims Progress"...

Cheers
LK

quote:

Hello KJ, I do keep Kula shaker handy. It is not rare for "Govinda," to see me off to sleep. I haven't been to the board for awhile and I feel lost. I can't remember, for instance, if we used to just rap like this, kinda personal like. I want to be a good member. I recently watched Love Story again. Man it brought tears and chills. Music misses Arthur Lee's interpretation of what we can't perceive.

It's all the same day.

Edited by - lemonade kid on 09/05/2021 12:23:17
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
753 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2021 :  11:40:18  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

Me too, LR. I almost always get chills when hearing LoVE...especially when a song pops up unexpectedly in a TV ad or film.

That's what made this board special, LeeRob, all the rapping and chatting about our musical tastes and all the stuff that fills the soundtracks of our lives! I miss it. for some reason newer forum members at some forums feel it is out of line to deviate from the subject of the forum or thread.

From my way of thinking, all streams of thought and music should be, and are, welcome...that's what makes it interesting. Even healthy debates about music...all are welcome.

Hey, Kula John--I have and still listen to "K", "Pigs, Peasants & Astronomers", and "Pilgrims Progress"...

Cheers
LK

quote:

It's all the same day.

No worries, LeeRob!

LK - that's great, K:S are such an underrated band (in my humble opinion). They even became a source of ridicule for many in the British music press which was a shame.

----------------------
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
753 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2021 :  12:13:22  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cheers
LK

quote:

It's all the same day.

Sorry, I missed your comment here LK. I'd love to know - which is your favourite of Kula Shaker's albums?

Mine is definitely PPA even though it was really ripped apart by the music press here!

----------------------
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9864 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2021 :  17:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"K", "Pigs, Peasants & Astronomers", and "Pilgrims Progress"...

quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

quote:

Cheers
LK

quote:

It's all the same day.

Sorry, I missed your comment here LK. I'd love to know - which is your favourite of Kula Shaker's albums?

Mine is definitely PPA even though it was really ripped apart by the music press here!

----------------------

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page