Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2016 :  16:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peter Henry Phillips

Secret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rKCi55rOlw&index=3&list=PLUSRfoOcUe4Zq57faXGPkUg7UmtlSyghj

Album Review: Peter Henry Phillips Ð The Origin .
©Ear To The Ground - posted by The Administrator

April 13, 2016

This is an outstanding album from a gifted singer songwriter. Peter Henry Phillips has the ability to capture depth of emotion in a single line. His intonation and dynamic style comes through on every track on the album. This is the kind of album that I donÕt just cover for the site, but gets added to my personal collection and steady rotation for years to come. Peter Henry Phillips arrives on the scene with The Origin, establishing himself as a songwriting force with a gesture toward literary lyricism and malleable melodies.

The opening track ÒThe WindÓ has the ability to provoke deep emotions like something from the classic rock era. A careful ear will hear the passion of Led Zeppelin. The songwriting, though, is cut from a cloth from a more recent era; think of artists like Bon Iver and City and Colour for a legitimate sense of PhillipsÕs ÒleagueÓ in the industry. HeÕs a serious contender.

ÒDreamcatcherÓ has swagger as well as an introspective edge that is seldom heard from his kind of artist. ThereÕs a sort of cutting truth to it like you might hear from Johnny Cash. He deserves to be in that kind of company as well. The ethereal vocals layered over atmospheric background music (and vocals) makes for a spine-tingling anthem. ItÕs not a song easy to describe, but is a powerful, necessary track. ItÕs a song you hear and immediately replay; thereÕs some Fleet Foxes and a good bit of cinematic flair. ItÕs unmistakable and even on infinite repeat would be compelling over and over again.

Not to keep dropping names, but ÒI Wanna GoÓ shifts the gears of the album yet again, putting listeners in mind of classic acts like even the Beach Boys or Fleetwood Mac. ThereÕs a sort of cool comfortability to the song that makes it really enjoyable. ÒI wanna go where the wild things areÓ is the key lyrics. ItÕs a song about being on an adventure with someone. But really, it conjures a peaceful easy feeling that puts me in mind of Dawes as much as anyone.

Okay seriously thatÕs about the highest praise I could give; but heÕs just that freaking good.

BUY THE ALBUM HERE !! CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW !!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/peter-henry-phillips-single/id876513169

Translated from the French...
Peter Henry Phillips brought` the heat to Montreal Highlights
By Myles HildebrandFebruary 28, 2016

Peter Henry Phillips brought` a whole slew of friends to Club Soda and scorched through two full sets, showing incredible poise and ranks.

Recently I've only heard of Peter Henry Phillips and Clearly I've been out of the loop. Hearing about _him_ through a number of different people I Decided to check out His latest record, The Origin. From the first note of the lead-off track "The Wind," I Was time immediately Immersed in a rich collection of sounds bound by a single approach to songwriting. The whole record is cover-to-cover incredible, has a rare enough feat These Days Considering the amount of single-focused artists.

While I Could write a glowing review about His record, this is a show review article. I have admitted to, I Was skeptical he Would Be reliable to deliver His full Recorded Sound in a live setting - there are 14 additional musicians listed in the album credits. Just before the show I saw he posted about a 15-piece band and I Knew It was there.

Sure enough when i arrived at the Club Soda Rather spacious internship completely Call Was covered with guitars, amps, drums and year Entire assortment of instruments. And It was subsequently filled with musicians Who really Knew how to play 'em. The band played through two very strong sets icts with numbers fluctuating from 7 to a full 15. There Was a perfect mix of intimate folk songs with just Peter and his guitar to full orchestrations ranging Overwhelming That Were in the best way as possible. The band included two drummers, qui brought` a very strong sense of rhythm ˆ son music and allowed for more intricate percussion. The Two of Them played together in perfect unison and Were a real pleasure to watch. In fact, my eye Wondered all about the course the Entire show, as every person on the stage Was Both very talented and entertaining to watch.

Often as is the case in thesis kinds of shows, There Were chairs set up right to the course. In an Otherwise phenomenal show, That stuck out as one of the drawbacks. There Was so much energy coming from the band, it was just wrong to see people sitting and passively Almost enjoying it. ALTHOUGH by the end of the show They Had the Entire Crowd In Their hand - Peter ended His tune "Nobody's Home" by directing the Entire audience as an a cappella crowd. The cam show to a climax in the band's blistering release of "Dreamcatcher", qui Seemed to Accurately summarize the single beauty of the show - a pensive guitar / voice That melody slowly builds into an all-encompassing wall of folk orchestration.

I couldn't help aim the show compared to similar local acts like Patrick Watson and Half Moon Run. Take my advice, grab His New record The Origin and get out to see live _him_ now before you-have to fight the much larger crowds That Surely in future are His.

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. Ð GENE CLARK
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page