Alone Again Or - Pretty cover
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2014 :  19:41:57  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YesQ85HyiBE

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2014 :  20:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This is lovely, Kula John - thanks ever so much for posting - and all the best for your on-going work in the developing world.
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2014 :  06:21:26  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks John!

All is well here in Bangladesh thanks. This place always keeps life interesting!

Actually, if you get time let me know what you think of this blog. I remember we used to have a very active English Premiership football thread on this board that you contributed to regularly.

These were some of my thoughts on the World Cup/English football from the perspective of being in Bangladesh!

http://johnstanlake.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/english-football-observations-from-bangladesh/

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2014 :  21:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kula John - a fascinating read. I think that you are absolutely right about the great paradox of the English game - where the global prestige of our Premier League somehow coexists with utterly depressing mediocrity of our national side. My own club - Manchester City - are a case in point, with a mere two English players in their squad. Controversial as the suggestion might be, I would now favour the idea of a UK national side. We must be the only sovereign state to divide itself in that way. I would imagine that Germany would do far less well, if there were also separate teams for say, Bavaria, Lower Saxony and North-Rhine Westphalia.

Yes I remember the soccer thread you mention - Rocker was also a regular presence. And it is not very long ago that one of north-east members reported that Alone Again Or had been played during half time at St James's Park!

Edited by - John9 on 25/09/2014 21:22:56
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2014 :  21:33:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

Thanks Kula John - a fascinating read. I think that you are absolutely right about the great paradox of the English game - where the global prestige of our Premier League somehow coexists with utterly depressing mediocrity of our national side. My own club - Manchester City - are a case in point, with a mere two English players in their squad. Controversial as the suggestion might be, I would now favour the idea of a UK national side. We must be the only sovereign state to divide itself in that way. I would imagine that Germany would do far less well, if there were also separate teams for say, Bavaria, Lower Saxony and North-Rhine Westphalia.

Yes I remember the soccer thread you mention - Rocker was also a regular presence. And it is not very long ago that one of north-east members reported that Alone Again Or had been played during half time at St James's Park!

Hi guys...good to see your threads...where IS "rocker", I wonder?! Hope you are fine, rocker, just off doing more important things...

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley

Edited by - lemonade kid on 25/09/2014 21:34:09
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2014 :  21:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yes indeed, LK - Rocker was a definite mainstay - and it would be great to see him back with us all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page