Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Martin Pravda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2005 :  09:21:46  Show Profile  Visit Martin Pravda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Larry, have you seen my "British Sea Power" thread, you may like them? From what you said it may to fit into your taste.
Haha the Prog term comes from the long musical progressions that sometimes builds up, and then seems to crash in to the post punk stuff i was talking about. Redjetson maybe was a bad example, as they do fit into the more miserable side (as seen in Joy Division). Hmmm Youthmovie Soundtrack Stratagies are more heavy, and....well weird! It may take a while to get used to them. http://www.myspace.com/youthmovies This has most there songs on. You may get the Prog term after this.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2005 :  11:38:43  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To be honest Martin, though I may be wrong, I can't see Larry liking BSP, I think I know his taste quite well

I must say your 'new' use of the term 'prog' is quite interesting...though I thnk most Joy Division etc fans may not agree with it
Go to Top of Page

Martin Pravda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2005 :  12:20:35  Show Profile  Visit Martin Pravda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your probably right! It isn't really prog atall, It just seems to be the term all the critics seem to lable them as.
I have been listening to the Magic Numbers more actualy, although it isn't really my thing, im starting to get it slightly more. It reminds me a bit of "the keys" who supported Love last year if I remember right? Now they are anouther good band! Not listened to them for a while though! *goes and gets Keys record*
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2005 :  16:31:59  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmm, maybe, a little..I liked The Keys...anyone know what they are up to now?
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2005 :  21:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Caryne you were quite right lol. Had a look at the BSP clips, not for me at all I'm afraid.
Go to Top of Page

Martin Pravda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2005 :  21:47:54  Show Profile  Visit Martin Pravda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What other music do you like, as well as love?
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2005 :  08:50:18  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LarryNYC

Caryne you were quite right lol. Had a look at the BSP clips, not for me at all I'm afraid.

Yep, we may not agree on much musically Larry (apart from 'Love'!!) but I know what you'll not like!!

Edited by - caryne on 21/06/2005 08:51:48
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  06:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey folks I've actually found something new that I like !! Babyshambles of all people, I'd never heard them before nor the Libertines. The Sun online has posted a video of their new single FXXK Forever. Its crazy obscure but hummable a bit like some Love stuff in a very round about way. Reading about Doherty;s exploits in the papers recently I wasnt expecting much so it was a pleasant surprise.
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  06:46:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.thesun.co.uk/section/0,,11,00.html here it is
Go to Top of Page

Martin Pravda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  11:54:51  Show Profile  Visit Martin Pravda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah cheers for that link, I was looking everywhere for it! Im a big Libertines fan, and that track is amazing! It sounds very simerlar to the 1st libertines album "up the bracket", but i personaly think Pete's song writing may have got better since then.
Also this may be a 1st that you and caryne actualy agree on, with her post punk ways.
Im looking forward to the Babyshambles album (out in September i think) a lot.
I have also compared Love with the libertines/babayshambles before, as I think Pete is a very simerlar charecter to Arthur in some ways. And Brian to (other libertine member) Carl. Carls favorite album of all time is infact "four sail" so there must be something there....

Edited by - Martin Pravda on 01/07/2005 11:59:59
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  19:49:29  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope, sorry, that Babyshambles single does nothing for me at all..so nope, we aren't agreeing on that one. Didn't mind the first Libertines album, nothing special but ok, but this is just dull. My idea of post-punk is Wire, Mekons, Cabaret Voltaire, Gang of Four..not this throwaway stuff.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page