New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2014 :  17:31:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone in the WORLD have the FULL show - what a great great soundboard? I only have the partial show below...I guess the whole show does not exist?! Just four tracks and the interview---it is so great that we can't complain! For what is likely one of the best Love soundboards ever, we are eternally grateful.

I made an alternate CD insert for those who might like it...a larger file is posted next.

Arthur Lee & Love - Rytmeposten Club, Odense, Denmark (1996)

Arthur Lee & Love at the Rytmeposten Club in Odense, Denmark. Unfortunately I only have this small part of the show that was the first of the '96 Summer European tour, including an Arthur Lee interview to the Danish Radio station that did the broadcast.

http://soundaboard.blogspot.com/2012/08/arthur-lee-love-rytmeposten-club-odense.html

Sound Quality: 9

Source: FM Broadcast

Track List:
01 - Signed D.C.
02 - Orange Skies
03 - Your Mind & We Belong Together
04 - 7 & 7 Is
05 - Arthur Lee Interview 1996 part 1
06 - Arthur Lee Interview 1996 part 2
07 - Arthur Lee Interview 1996 part 3

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley

Edited by - lemonade kid on 05/05/2014 18:29:55

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2014 :  18:24:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley

Edited by - lemonade kid on 05/05/2014 18:24:54
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  15:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Love book says its not a good show, that Arthur was drunk, let everyone down with his performance after all they had invested in him
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  21:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have to disagree about the sound at least from an audiophile point of view. The four tracks that were used for the broadcast were quite good and the soundboard is as good as Love gets..Love was cookin'

To my ears it was a good one--the tales of Arthur's exploits are legend and I don't doubt Arthur could have been pissed, but if so..he managed a good show...but for those seeing him onstage, Arthur could have presented a different picture.

-Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2014 :  16:08:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
radio?
Go to Top of Page

Dukie
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2014 :  17:13:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't believe everything that you read, Joe. Try and listen to the performance and decide for yourself.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2014 :  18:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dukie

Don't believe everything that you read, Joe. Try and listen to the performance and decide for yourself.

Right, Dukie. The show is one of Arthur's best live recordings AND one of Arthur's best 90's live performances; and when Arthur is about to leave stage his usual good sense of humor kicks in and the audience is lothe to let him go!
His harp playing on Signed D.C. is masterful--Arthur was so great on the harmonica...wish we had more!

-Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2014 :  19:40:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just saying thats what the book said, that they all felt let down because Kraut had invested so much in bringing Arthur over

I have the cd of Ortense - did the radio broadcast play the whole show? Its an absolute tragedy that Arthur didn't get some legal advice from Kraut during the tour - wasn't the guy a lawyer?

And then he got shipped away to prison while Love saw a resurgence due to the recent (1995) release of the excellent 2CD Love Story - the first time for most of us to hear those Four Sail tracks on cd!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page