Strange appearance of music
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2014 :  18:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was watching season 2 of Girls (HBO) and was struck dumb (literally!) to hear Moby Grape in the background!

"Its a beautiful day today" is one of the more lovely songs by the band (its on the Vintage compilation - it seems a little longer on the Moby Grape 69 album)

By that time Skip had gone off the rails and the only thing left to do was record Truly Fine Citizen and break up again - repeatedly!

captain america and billy
Old Love

907 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2014 :  14:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recall an episode of "HOw I Met Your Mother" that used,of all George Harrison compositions,"Sir Frrankie Crisp" from "Things Must Pass".I thought that was rahter odd.But yeah,from time to time you will hear songs that have bcome at least somewhat obscure in different movies and tv shows.Just sometimes you have to really be listening cause its sometimes used as background incidental music.The Harrison selection was actually presented clear as day.I just can't firgure out exactly what made them use that tune that was all but forgotten about except for die hard Beatle freaks in a 2000's sitcom.Odd.IT didn't have anyting at all to do with the action.I also heard Strawberry ALarm Clock's "Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow" in a scene from "My Name Is Earl" in a scene where someone was eating psychedelic mushrooms.I just had to laugh it was so fitting.................

Edited by - captain america and billy on 14/04/2014 14:29:27
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2014 :  18:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard music by Love in a documentary called Love Story recently

I was STUNNED!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly