[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/g9lpbyj][/URL]
[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/nekbvyj][/URL]

Edited by - stewart on 01/02/2014 17:34:14

stewart
Old Love

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  01:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still wonder where the video of this brilliant and emotional gig is, it was professionally filmed, there was even a track for tracking shots!
Go to Top of Page

scully
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  10:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Odd if it was filmed that no footage is around; Viper released the audio as a benefit CD when Arthur was in jail, but that wasn't a professional recording, just an audience tape I think. Still one of the best nights of my life.
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2014 :  16:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And those record shops mentioned - I remember them all very fondly

Penny Lane (which began in around 1974 actually on Penny Lane....about fifty yards beyond the shelter on the roundabout)

Probe (located a very few yards from The Cavern)

Eastern Block (founded on Oldham Street Manchester as part of Pete Waterman's domain)

Long live the independent dealers!

Edited by - John9 on 05/02/2014 16:55:09
Go to Top of Page

Dukie
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2014 :  18:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was also at that gig. It was a great night (I also saw the London gig the night before) and it was very emotional to see Arthur again. The performance was a bit ragged but I would also like to know what happened to the video footage. The Viper release was edited and also rearranged the running order of the show. Who decided that? Not Arthur or Shack, I'm sure..
Go to Top of Page

stewart
Old Love

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  00:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dukie

I was also at that gig. It was a great night (I also saw the London gig the night before) and it was very emotional to see Arthur again. The performance was a bit ragged but I would also like to know what happened to the video footage. The Viper release was edited and also rearranged the running order of the show. Who decided that? Not Arthur or Shack, I'm sure..

It was an incredibly emotional gig for me, first time i'd seen him since I immaturely walked out of a mostly empty Free Trade Hall in disgust at him in the early 70s. I taped the gig on my walkman remembering to turn it over at 45 mins. Got home still buzzing and gagging to hear it, put the tape in my hi-fi and...nothing. I'd touched the pause button inadvertently so it never recorded anything! Really gutted.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  03:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stewart

quote:
Originally posted by Dukie

It was an incredibly emotional gig for me, first time i'd seen him since I immaturely walked out of a mostly empty Free Trade Hall in disgust at him in the early 70s. I taped the gig on my walkman remembering to turn it over at 45 mins. Got home still buzzing and gagging to hear it, put the tape in my hi-fi and...nothing. I'd touched the pause button inadvertently so it never recorded anything! Really gutted.

Wow! What a bummer, Stew!

I remember seeing Cream in 1968 on their Wheels Of Fire Tour and I had the same kid of buzz...went home and played the LP all night.

Old hippies never die, they just ramble on.
-lk
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  16:56:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthur wasn't doing good gigs even in the UK in the 70s. Robert Plant was having to apologize for him in the music press
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  20:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

Arthur wasn't doing good gigs even in the UK in the 70s. Robert Plant was having to apologize for him in the music press

That is an over generalisation, Joe. Although his 1974 tour was not very well received, he and his slimmed down band turned in some fine performances the following year - and I was at one of them. I know that the Manchester show left a lot to be desired, but Liverpool was a wonderful experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page